Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

$5 for The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

DaveO

Erudite
Good Old Games has a sale going on for those who have not already obtained a copy of the game. Time to cue Codexers commenting about the eight zillion versions of The Witcher.

Micmu

Magister
Enhanced Edition. Directors.... Cut...?
Nah, I'll wait for GotY CE EE DC PRO EXTRA version

I hope TW2 bombs because I'm really sick of these hacks now

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
made said:
Have they fixed it not to crash like a mofo on Win7?

Strange. I haven't experienced any of that, so the answer may be 'yes'. I played TWitcher with 1.5 patch and FCR on Win 7 x64.

made

Arcane
Mrowak said:
made said:

Strange. I haven't experienced any of that, so the answer may be 'yes'. I played TWitcher with 1.5 patch and FCR on Win 7 x64.

Well I tried not long ago with a bunch of mods as you might recall and it would crash all the time when saving a game/loading an area in chapter 1. Dual boot to XP and no crashes whatsoever.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
made said:
Mrowak said:
made said:

Well I tried not long ago with a bunch of mods as you might recall and it would crash all the time when saving a game/loading an area in chapter 1. Dual boot to XP and no crashes whatsoever.

Maybe Win XP compatibility mode would work?

Edit: I just checked the exe file's configuration. It forgot I had it set for Win XP SP3 compatibility mode with administrative rights. I am also in the habit of manually setting max allowed virtual memory to 3x your RAM capacity - I hear that may fix memory leaks in TWitcher (as well as in some other gamers).

made

Arcane
No it didn't, neither did the other supposed fixes I found on the web. It's Win 7 32 bit btw. if that makes any difference.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
micmu said:

I hope you'll die a slow death.

Deleted member 7219

micmu said:

Ok. Have fun with the direction Bioware are going.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
So is this the latest and greatest version of the game or is the normal enhanced better? am really thinking of picking it up as I need a savegame to go off of when I get around to the Witcher 2.

Secretninja

Cipher
I would have bought this a week ago. But then it was just a coming soon thing. Now my torrent has finished downloading and I see no reason.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
BlitzKitchen said:
So is this the latest and greatest version of the game or is the normal enhanced better? am really thinking of picking it up as I need a savegame to go off of when I get around to the Witcher 2.

I think this is the normal enhanced edition, and that it's called 'director's cut' to point out that this is the uncensored version (there are no other versions of EE besides censored and uncensored).

Antihero

Liturgist
If anybody cares, quickly comparing it to updated Steam version, most of the files are the same, differing in apparently trivial ways. Uncensored of course (bik videos anway, I presume they didn't cop out on the dryad and vampire textures). Main differences I see are JPG vs. PDFs for maps, GOG version doesn't have the oh-so-important "making of" videos, and the GOG version has some extra stuff the Steam version doesn't, like a boobie-calendar. It includes its toolset as well. Includes the two extra story modules, and probably all the community ones (not sure how much of that was left over from my previous install, couldn't really find any of those I liked either.)

Not sure about any online capability. Never tried that "versus" thing, but the Steam version seems to have some master server list the GOG one doesn't?

Probably as good as it gets, really.

MCA
micmu said:

ಠ_ಠ

I almost feel sorry for you.

Then I ROFL and move on.

R00fles!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Antihero said:
If anybody cares, quickly comparing it to updated Steam version, most of the files are the same, differing in apparently trivial ways. Uncensored of course (bik videos anway, I presume they didn't cop out on the dryad and vampire textures). Main differences I see are JPG vs. PDFs for maps, GOG version doesn't have the oh-so-important "making of" videos, and the GOG version has some extra stuff the Steam version doesn't, like a boobie-calendar. It includes its toolset as well. Includes the two extra story modules, and probably all the community ones (not sure how much of that was left over from my previous install, couldn't really find any of those I liked either.)

Not sure about any online capability. Never tried that "versus" thing, but the Steam version seems to have some master server list the GOG one doesn't?

Probably as good as it gets, really.

thnx.. bought the gog version.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Admiral jimbob said:
I hope this company fails and everyone involved loses their job because they use hyperbolic product names

I'm a reasonable person honest

You are reasonable, but not Reasonable

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Ten fucking gig. No thank you.
YtpIl.jpg

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Orgasm said:
Ten fucking gig. No thank you.
YtpIl.jpg

Clone-dvd are are RAW files only with no crack.
Even if you did download it a crack would still be a few days off at best.

Also from what i can tell they are clones and there for they might be fake so i would not waste my time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom