Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout: New Vegas Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Another Eurogamer Expo-based hands-on preview surfaced, courtesy of Dealspwn.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Maybe you should start with taking a look at their earlier GamesCom based preview first:</p>
<p><a href="http://www.dealspwn.com/fallout-vegas-handson-preview/" target="_blank">WARNING: This preview contains no images as we couldn&rsquo;t find any assets that were dull enough to fully portray our hands-on experience and nothing on the day that warranted a photo.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Luckily enough, they now have seen the light. <a href="http://www.dealspwn.com/fallout-new-vegas-hands-on-preview-2/" target="_blank">At Eurogamer Expo</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>I said in the previous preview that New Vegas bore all of the hallmarks of its predecessor. It looks the same at first glance, it feels the same, slipping back into VATS like a comfortable jumper and navigating the Pip-Boy with ease. But, as I minced around yesterday morning, swatting bloatflies out of the sky and shooting holes in geckos, a number of the games new features began to shine through. Obsidian have once again taken on the mantle of another&rsquo;s game &ndash; in spite of Feargus Urquhart and co.&rsquo;s return to the franchise that they birthed, it comes back to them much changed by Bethesda &ndash; but, and it becomes more apparent as you play, there are new things afoot here.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>No new info detected.</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99984-fallout-new-vegas-preview.html">GB</a></p>

Derper

Prophet
if the words ‘grenade launcher machine gun’ don’t thrill you then you might need to check your pulse

Saxon1974

Prophet
Im a long time RPG'er but Im actually looking forward to this.

Yes I did like Fallout 3 but I did add mods to increase difficulty and tweak game play.

Really like the sound of hard core mode and I think the cities and NPC's should be more interesting this time around.

F3 was heavy on exploration which is my main interest in RPG's and sounds like New Vegas retains that aspect.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Don't suck plskthnx.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom