Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Bloodlines Weekly Update #16

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Activision's Shane Defreest brings us the latest, and last before GenCon, weekly update. Here's this weeks questions:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>1) I'm curious about the more sexual and seductive elements of the game. If I play as a female vampire, do other female NPC's flirt with me the same as if I was playing a male character. Is there anything different in the genders and how they are implemented? Does the game play through differently if you are a female?
<br>
<br>
Your gender determines who you can seduce -- and who you can't. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that flirting only works with members of the opposite sex.
<br>
<br>
<br>
2) Many Fans in Germany are fearful that Vampire: TM - Bloodlines will be gutted. Is there any plan to modify it? E.G. no splatter effects, blood or dirty language. How different will the bloodlines game released in Germany be from the one released in the United States?
<br>
<br>
We're still early in our discussions on international versions of the game, but we certainly hope to take German fans on a thrilling excursion into the World of Darkness.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I feel sorry for the Germans, first no kids in Fallout and now what... no blood in a game about vampires? Comedy.

Voss

Erudite
Actually, what he said means exactly the opposite. Definitely gay vampires (and/or humans, for the seducing for blood)

Michael_Wolf

Educated
Major_Blackhart said:
I guess in terms of games it sucks to live there. Only hope can be for a patch.
I live in Germany and I have no problems with localized versions. I just don't buy them :wink: !!!
I prefer the original versions of the games and there are several german retailers that import games from the US. By the way, Activision plans to release an un-cut version of DOOM 3 in Germany, so what is the problem with releasing an un-cut version of Bloodlines? :roll:

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Hurrah for in-game gender and sexual orientation awareness!

I would like to take a moment to point out that this thread has caused the Google ads to point to Gothicmatch.com. Now we can get some vampire lovin' both in-game and in real-life. Hott!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I think that in terms of games it sucks to live in Germany in comparison to Poland. It always surprises me that they get small boxes with CDs in sleeves for 50 euros and we have big boxes with, sometimes, lots of extra stuff for at most 30 euros (not counting microsoft games).

Give it time, you're in the E.U. they made everything ridiculously expensive in Ireland and they will do the same to you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom