Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Server issues megathread (outages, slowness, 5xx errors)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
construct additional pylons?
switching vpn over ocean solve those issues so it must be that?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I haven't seen it in months. I suspect it's some intermediate server down the line to certain US ISPs only that's to blame. Unless someone outside the US has been experiencing it as well?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I haven't seen it in months. I suspect it's some intermediate server down the line to certain US ISPs only that's to blame. Unless someone outside the US has been experiencing it as well?
i attest for central/eastern europe. Btw, can you share locations you run frontend on?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I was going to post this too, but thought maybe it was my VPN so I held back.

Not only do I get the 504 error, but sometimes pages take a long while to load.

I guess it's all because DarkUnderlord's been gambling with the server funds. Why do you do it, DU?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
FWIW, I did several tracert's from my location and there's a consistent timeout at this hop:

Code:
Decimal: 3234668754

Hostname: 192.205.32.210

ASN: 7018

ISP: AT&T Internet Services

Organization: AT&T Internet Services

Services: None detected

Type: Broadband

Assignment: Likely Static IP

Continent: North America

That's apparently an AT&T server located near Wichita, KS.

Taluntain, you can look at my personal IP if you want to but I think you might be right. The hiccup is consistent somewhere there in the Mid-West and may or may not be related to Codex' server at all.

I encourage other people to try the tracert thing themselves (if they're experiencing a lot of 504's) and provide to Taluntain (or just to this thread) which IP seems to be the culprit from their end.

To run a tracert:

1. run CMD as an Administrator
2. TRACERT WWW.RPGCODEX.NET [enter]
3. Observe where any pauses or timeouts occur and what that IP address or the one immediately prior was
4. Do this several times in a row to attempt to detect consistency or a pattern
5. Report the problematic IP address here

You can use https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to list the details of that server.

Do NOT list your own personal IP address, lol

Maybe we can isolate what's going on here.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"this is only happening in united states"
"-it happens here to, central/eastern europe"
"-also brazil"
"-and finland!"

crispy comes in "HURR U MUST BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY IN USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:prosper:
lol and now he is mass-rating my posts..

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not mass rating your posts you fuckwit. Nevertheless, you seem bound and determined to chalk this problem up to one of your usual conspiracy theories instead of attempting to help solve it.

Go fuck yourself if you don't want to help.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Goddamn it DU, we must put some Drano in those pipes stat!

The shitposts must flow, they cannot be contained! The overflow would be disastrous!

:gd:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
DU spent all the server money betting on blumpf.
So now he has only enough to buy his benzo doses.

Don't worry though, plumpf can still win.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
DU spent all the server money betting on blumpf.
So now he has only enough to buy his benzo doses.

Don't worry though, plumpf can still win.

That is fake news.

DU spent all the server money on Gamestop stocks. I hear the short squeeze is squooze any day now.

His diamond hands will bring us golden server tubes and hamsters on steroids.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Absolutely shameful.

eWPcXyY.png

wcZLKNV.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom