Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GameBanshee blows BioWare

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<a href=http://www.gamebanshee.com>GameBanshee</a> has posted an enthusiastic <a href=http://www.gamebanshee.com/previews/dragonage1.php>drivel filled preview</a> of <a href=http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age>Dragon Age</a>, a game that "will most likely redefine CRPGs once again".
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>As of this writing, BioWare has yet to announce a publisher and a release date, remaining coy on the subject, but let’s face facts. 1) This is a BioWare title. 2) The first look is exceptional. 3) This is a BioWare title. It’s more of a question of who and when rather than if. There are also no tech specs yet, but based upon BioWare’s previous releases, it will probably be scalable to a wide rage of systems (from moderate to cutting edge). BioWare is setting gamer expectations extremely high and raising the bar on CRPGs even higher, but based upon past performance, they got the goods to deliver.
<br>
<br>
Based on what I’ve seen so far, this is going to be one of those “must have” games that will be played and talked about for years to come. I don’t know about you, but I’m already sharpening my sword, honing my spellcasting abilities and standing in front of the mirror and, in the immortal words of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, practicing my “combat face.”</blockquote>
<br>
Unbelievable!
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
I'm all on board with the separate multiplayer storyline, if it makes it into the final product. Nice to see they've learned that lesson, at least, from their previous products.

Anonymous

I like how there is just some footage of some cheeseball generic fantasy characters and he's all OMG BEST FIRST LOOK OF A GAEM EVAR

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
I like how there is just some footage of some cheeseball generic fantasy characters and he's all OMG BEST FIRST LOOK OF A GAEM EVAR

I think this is the most aggravating part of the article. This really is a very big and sloppy virtual handjob, though its not much different from some people's extasy when looking at two screenshots of Troika's unannounced project.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
The thing that made me laugh about this game was the way they made a big deal of it being a new IP, all their own work, not tied down by restraints of a license, there are no elves, dwaves and stuff like that.... then they announce their races, that are elves etc, just in another name, in another boring fantasy world where the biggest feature is the number of people you can have fighting each other.
It's pathetic.
You'd think with the money that bioware have, they wouldn't mind taking a little risk.

Anonymous

They are just providing what the fans like!

Unfortunately all the fans are drooling morons with airsprayed dragons on their sweatshirts.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
“For the first time, you choose how your character’s story begins and that choice changes how your story unfolds. From a grim barbarian wanderer who is the last of his kind, to an exiled dwarven prince betrayed by his brother; each of the many 'origin' stories spins its own heroic tale of intrigue and romance.

Each origin story completely changes the setting and events of the game's first chapter and unlocks different storylines, villains, romances and items throughout the course of the game.

As you play, your actions shape the destiny of the world. Unite a powerful kingdom under your wise and just rule, enslave nations beneath the tyranny of your powerful necromancy or forge a legend of your own making.“
Whats wrong about that? Multiple beginnings and endings - is it bad? Branched storyline - bad? I mean, preview of course is fine example of verbal prostitution, though it sounds somehow interesting. Maybe its bullshit - cannot detect one since I havent read anything about NWN or KOTOR before their release to compare predicitions with reality.

PS: They use terms 'barbarian' and 'dwarf'. Thats tghe originality?

Whipporowill

Erudite
What's really cheap it's just a collection of thing known from forums and previous previews. I could find no indication whatsoever to any "journalistic activity" in this piece - except for possibly his "conclusions" at the end.

Again, el cheap-o.

Anonymous

The storylines sound really really bland, and of course, their endings are so incredibly hard to figure out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom