Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Larian Studios Status Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

<p>Swen Vincke of Larian Studios made <a href="http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Main=25349&amp;Number=422490#Post422490" target="_blank">a forum post</a> concerning their impending releases and future plans.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>On Flames of Vengeance &amp; the Dragon Knight Saga:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span id="body0">The Dragon Knight Saga (PC, German) - Gold and being manufactured as we speak. I think there's a chance you can start seeing it appear in shops in the week of October 25th already.<br /><br />The Dragon Knight Saga (PC - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) - Ready, we're doing some last things on the installer, and it should head off to the manufacturing plant today (so basically, you can consider it gold).<br /><br />The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360 - English, French, Italian, Spanish version) - We've just received word that it's passed certification so printing should commence soon enough, in time for a November 5th release<br /><br />The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360 - German+French) - In the last stages of certification <br /><br />Flames Of Vengeance (English, French, Italian, Spanish) - English/French are ready except for the installers, Italian/Spanish are in final QA. <br /><br />We still have some work on the polish and russian versions. </span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>On their plans to introduce their own digital download service/webshop:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span id="body0">Monkey Tales will be available for download through The Larian Vault, our own online shop, which will launch simultanously. <br /><br />And the cool thing is that Monkey Tales won't be the only thing that'll be available there - The Dragon Knight Saga, Flames Of Vengeance and the previous Divinities will also be available for download there. So if you feel like supporting us directly and you're in to digital distribution, come have a look in a week or two and check it out for yourself. It's part of our making ourselves even more independent strategy, and if the Larian Vault turns out to be successful, we'll probably do more through that in the future. As an experiment, we've made the Monkey Tales games exclusive to the Larian Vault whereas all the Divinities will remain available through all kinds of other digital and retail channels. </span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Plus they're working on their next RPG already:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span id="body0">Now in case you're wondering, despite the crazy list of releases we have this month, the stuff that keeps me the most busy for the moment is our next RPG (on which work has started) and a speech I have to give in a month or so. More about the speech in a second as I could use some input, but first a little bit about the next RPG coming from Larian. No third parties are involved yet so I can pretty much say whatever I want about it, but the concepts are still converging, so I won't give too many details yet. What I can say is that it's quite different from our previous work, should still feel very familiar to Divinity fans and contains an idea I'm pretty fond of, so I hope it'll work out well (read, I don't think it's been done by anybody else yet).</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15988">RPGWatch</a></p>

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks VoD, very informative newspost.

Any news of a DKS demo btw?

Stalin

Scholar
commie said:
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
Please support Belgian (Flemish) game designers.

Why the emphasis ?

To show that Belgium is an artificial construct of two major peoples' who don't really see themselves as 'Belgian'. Just like I doubt a Scot considers himself British.
the 2 major people being: 1 paedophiles and 2.child molesters

Archibald

Arcane
Now in case you're wondering, despite the crazy list of releases we have this month, the stuff that keeps me the most busy for the moment is our next RPG (on which work has started) and a speech I have to give in a month or so. More about the speech in a second as I could use some input, but first a little bit about the next RPG coming from Larian. No third parties are involved yet so I can pretty much say whatever I want about it, but the concepts are still converging, so I won't give too many details yet. What I can say is that it's quite different from our previous work, should still feel very familiar to Divinity fans and contains an idea I'm pretty fond of, so I hope it'll work out well (read, I don't think it's been done by anybody else yet).

Considering that all their rpgs were action/h&s type games what does he mean by that? Will they save our souls with some old school turn based combat or will they go full retarded into FPS/MOVIE land?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
are there some rumors about that, or is this just wishful thinking? either way, it's a very... peculiar idea.

commie said:
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
Please support Belgian (Flemish) game designers.

Why the emphasis ?

To show that Belgium is an artificial construct of two major peoples' who don't really see themselves as 'Belgian'. Just like I doubt a Scot considers himself British.

Bullshit, that's what extremist groups want us to believe. Cultural differences between walloons and flemish are minimal, we all support the same (shitty) soccer team and eat the same junk, Kim Clijsters rocks as much as Justine Henin etc...anyway go go Larian.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Just like I doubt a Scot considers himself British.
Most of them do actually.

But don't you dare confuse British with English... then again even the English get annoyed at this lack of distinction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom