Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Work at Troika?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games

Troika Games has announced <a href="http://www.troikagames.com/jobs.htm" target=_blank>4 new job positions</a>, including an opening for a Concept Artist (which they currently seem to be lacking). While information doesn't hint at what kind of game it will be, hiring people is a "<i>pretty good indication</i>" (tm) on that there's a new game in the pipeline - one with a publishing deal.
<br>
<br>
While I doubt most of you (read: us) losers probably wouldn't have a chance in hell getting any of these jobs, I'm sure there are some of our readers that might qualify.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I almost qualify for the writer position.. except I need 3 years experience working on games. LOL

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
I am pretty certain the PA game doesn't have a publisher, but I think things are hopeful for one being signed in the future. I think Troika are just choosing carefully, having learnt the hard way about how restrictive some publishers can be.

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:
I almost qualify for the writer position.. except I need 3 years experience working on games. LOL

You'd have to learn to write first.

And looking at these openings, maybe they're just bringing in a few people to clean up Vampire before they throw an RC at Activision. Artists and 3D guys to make sure everything looks right and a designer to get a fresh perspective on some points of plot or design?

Whipporowill

Erudite
It all smells of the new engine (in-house engine) and new game to me (concept, writer). The hiring process alone should take too much time for these people to have any actual impact on Blutlines.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks like concept artist is the easiest to shoot for, too bad color theory is next semester :/

DemonKing

Arcane
Volourn said:

You have about 3 *lifetimes* of experience spamming CRPG message boards, so maybe they'll take you on that basis?

:wink:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I would say that Stormfront was developing BG3 if they weren't already working on Demon Stone, and they have refocused their development objectives solely on console games. My guess is Troika is working on Baldur's Gate 3, but as Brios said, it has to be looked into.

Surlent

Liturgist
This is good news. Glad they are hiring and not kicking off people.
Bloodlines has taken so much time from them and wasn't it their only current project ?
Or is there another team doing that unannounced PA project.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You'd have to learn to write first."

Writing is the easy part... if I care about what I'm writing. Posting on message baords don't qualify. Writing for pay does.

"You have about 3 *lifetimes* of experience spamming CRPG message boards, so maybe they'll take you on that basis?"

Well.. I, for one, consider posting a game. I wonder if Troika has the same definition for it. LOL :lol:

Araanor

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
And looking at these openings, maybe they're just bringing in a few people to clean up Vampire before they throw an RC at Activision. Artists and 3D guys to make sure everything looks right and a designer to get a fresh perspective on some points of plot or design?
Nah, hiring new people for a project that is practically complete doesn't match up. They've got something new in the pipeline, and we've got something to look forward to (I hope).

Stark

Liturgist
My guess is Troika is working on Baldur's Gate 3, but as Brios said, it has to be looked into.

Troika's style of game is very different from Bio's style, both in visual, gameplay, overall polish and writing. If Troika is indeed working on BG3 it'll likely be very different from predecessors, so different that even casual gamers can detect the difference.

The only element I see getting retained is the pause and play semi-RTS combat, and possibly the iso camera angle.

if Troika is indeed working on BG3, good for them. it'll sell, no matter what.

silly me. I would rather Troika work on another TB DnD module, but it's really wishful thinking on my part.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'd prefer to see Troika work on Baldur's Gate over a TB DnD module because we all know how impractical it would be for them to attempt something like that. If they do work on BG3 and it manages to become a hit seller, they'll be able to work on what ever games they want to make.

Stark

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I'd prefer to see Troika work on Baldur's Gate over a TB DnD module because we all know how impractical it would be for them to attempt something like that. If they do work on BG3 and it manages to become a hit seller, they'll be able to work on what ever games they want to make.

trouble is, the "whatever game they want to make" would be quite several years down the road.

the same case with the "original IP" Obsidian will want to work on eventually.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, I think that it's better that they work on a game like BG3 first, so that they can maintain a steady footing, become as successful as Bioware (heh) and self-fund their own TB games. That would be the best way to go about it, especially with no publisher or marketing department breathing down their necks.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Troika is not working on BG3. If their relationship with Atari is that good; they'd be working on a sequel to TOEE.

Besdies, Troika doesn't do rt games (lol) nor do they like to change pnp rules so drastically ( lol)....

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
While I doubt most of you (read: us) losers probably wouldn't have a chance in hell getting any of these jobs, I'm sure there are some of our readers that might qualify.

I'd pay to be hired as a Troika coffee fetcher and whipping boy.

Stark

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Besdies, Troika doesn't do rt games (lol) nor do they like to change pnp rules so drastically ( lol)....
ooh.. sarcastic Volourn...

I'd pay to be hired as a Troika coffee fetcher and whipping boy.

can you just take the position of coffee fetcher? I want to be the whipping boy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom