Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Roguelike Updates - Legacy of a Warlord, ToME4, ADOM

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Ancient Domains of Mystery

<p>Alpha 0.51.00 for <a href="http://www.legacyofawarlord.com/" target="_blank">Legacy of a Warlord</a> is available.</p>
<blockquote>Legacy of a warlord is a Roguelike game. The goal is to provide a game that is extremely modifiable, procedurally generated, and provide a fresh graphical look to the genre of tileable roguelike games.<br /><br />I am focused on creating a living world that is completely random and challenging every time you play.</blockquote>
<p>Learn more about the game and the joys of murdering rats at the <a href="http://willraman.tumblr.com/post/2524932271/a-battle-plays-out" target="_blank">developer's blog</a>.<br /><br /><a href="http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2010/12/news/t-engine4-tome4-beta18-aka-v-unleashed" target="_blank">ToME4</a> is at beta 18.<br /><br />Release highlights:</p>
<ul>
<li>Fixes crash &amp; bugs</li>
<li>Fixes unlocks &amp; achievements update on the server</li>
<li>Adds player "house"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </li>
</ul>
<p>Mario gave in to the <a href="http://lambdarogue.net/dl-showentry.php?n=192" target="_blank">Linux bullies</a>.</p>
<blockquote>A Linux build of LambdaRogue 1.6 has been released today. The build already contains the latest hotfix.<br /><br />The build was compiled and linked under Ubuntu 10.10, but should run on any recent Linux distro.</blockquote>
<p>And discover more about the <a href="http://www.adom.de/blog/2010/12/28/the-state-of-adom-back-in-2010-and-onward-in-2011/" target="_blank">future of ADOM and JADE</a> in 2011.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Heresiarch

Prophet
Lightknight said:
I got excited about the iPhone
I still dont get whats so good about iPhone. Its a fucking phone, get over it.

I am right now working on a mobile game based on the ADOM background for the iPhone
*groan*

I will release ADOM for the iPad
:roll: :decline:

I don't know what's the hate for the iDevices. If anything, iPad really needs some quality games because it's very good gaming device. Imagine playing D&D, WH40K or other board games on it. I've played Neuroshima Hex on it and it's a wonderful experience.

Though I must admit playing roguelikes on a touchscreen, especially a capacitive one (which is prone to mistouching), would probably bring out tons of disastrous YASD. Not a very good idea.

Lightknight

Liturgist
I don't know what's the hate for the iDevices.
Can you explain why everyone is gushing over the stupid phone so much ? Its like a status symbol in USia, i understand. I've seen it, i've used it, and there is nothing THAT special about that pile of chips.

If anything, iPad really needs some quality games because it's very good gaming device.
Right. Tablet PCs have existed for years. Nobody said they were good gaming devices.

Imagine playing D&D, WH40K or other board games on it.
Too fucking expensive to play a board game, dont you think ?

Heresiarch

Prophet
I don't know what's the hate for the iDevices.
Can you explain why everyone is gushing over the stupid phone so much ? Its like a status symbol in USia, i understand. I've seen it, i've used it, and there is nothing THAT special about that pile of chips.

No comment. It's your right to hate stuff just because.

If anything, iPad really needs some quality games because it's very good gaming device.
Right. Tablet PCs have existed for years. Nobody said they were good gaming devices.

That's because old tablet PCs struggled to run even the more serious functions. Mobile phones existed for two decadeds too, but it only became truly good gaming devices in the recent years.

Imagine playing D&D, WH40K or other board games on it.
Too fucking expensive to play a board game, dont you think ?
[/quote]

LOL, why do you guys praise TOEE and the golden box games then? They are shitty compared to the board games.

There's already are quite many apps for table-top RPGs on iPad, so rogulikes won't seem too ridiculous to me. If I would still DMing, I would definitely get it, or something like that.
As for ADOM - it's good to see this project alive on whatever platform. Honestly, I already wrote it off as dead, glad that that wasn't the case.

Edit: Looked on screenshot of that Legacy of Warlord game. It's just me, or the font author uses is nearly unreadable?
7lqCS.png

DakaSha

Arcane
so is calling it moronic

when did these retarded tech wars start anyways?
Ipads are way overpriced and i wont buy one but ive never felt a lingering hate for an Ipad user :?

DakaSha

Arcane
dont make it that easy on yourself.
I dont own a single Idevice. (or mac for that matter)

And don't cry by getting called out on your moronic tech preference judging. Only a complete retard would come to any conclusions based on what appliance a person buys

How about we have sex now?

Shannow

Waster of Time
DakaSha said:
so is calling it moronic

Ipads are way overpriced and i wont buy one but ive never felt a lingering hate for an Ipad user :?
You are a moron, all right.
The ipad is overpriced. The users get swarmy about features that were long present in other devices, the only difference being touchpad and paying money for apps that again mostly provide services that were present on other devices for free (at least if you're a pirate, arr).
Hell, overpricing and integrated DRM sound like enough to call all those iShit thingies moronic.

DakaSha

Arcane
Shannow said:
DakaSha said:
so is calling it moronic

You are a moron, all right.
The ipad is overpriced. The users get swarmy about features that were long present in other devices, the only difference being touchpad and paying money for apps that again mostly provide services that were present on other devices for free (at least if you're a pirate, arr).
Hell, overpricing and integrated DRM sound like enough to call all those iShit thingies moronic.

No different then me saying you are a moron for owning a [INSERT EITHER: Windows- Pc, Mac or Linux- PC]

Of course you can defend whatever you chose in stupid ass fanboy fashion.. Actually go ahead it will be good for a laugh.

Tech nerd retards xD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom