Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Timelapse Vertigo Stealth Report

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

<p>There's a new <a href="http://www.timelapsevertigo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68:stealth&catid=43:dev-log&Itemid=61" target="_blank">dev log</a> up for <a href="http://www.timelapsevertigo.com/" target="_blank"><strong>Timelapse Vertigo</strong></a>, discussing the way this isometric sci-fi RPG handles stealth.</p>
<blockquote>Different enemies may react differently to each of these states. For instance, if a 'civilian' finds out he is being stalked he might panic and run, while on the other hand an experience soldier might throw a stun grenade in your general direction in order to pull you out of stealth. That is how you are destealthed, by the way, by suffering some hostile action such as taking damage or being stunned.</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

denizsi

Arcane
Interesting: Dodge skill for avoiding melee attacks, Evasion skill for avoiding ranged attacks. What do you think of this, Codex?

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
This one seems quite well done. Nice interface and a rather pleasant character creation. Sadly it's RTwP and psi-powers look a bit too much like med-fan wizardry. But still, I'll definitely keep an eye on this project.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice. I hoped New Vegas's stealth would work like that -- this approach seems quite simple and intuitive -- but the game failed in that regard, unfortunately.

denizsi said:
Interesting: Dodge skill for avoiding melee attacks, Evasion skill for avoiding ranged attacks. What do you think of this, Codex?

Well, personally I like this, the more complex the evasion system, the better. I remember some game I played even having a separate Magic Evasion stat for avoiding magic attacks, which is an interesting thing to have too, even if somewhat counter-intuitive.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
The game looks pretty cool, I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

4638 said:

I'm ok with it. Avoiding small arm fire is completely different from avoiding melee attacks, so it makes sense.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
denizsi said:
I have the feeling the developer of this game tried to implement a large number of skills. Maybe too many skills with some risk of redundancy. But I personally prefer a character system bloated with too much skills to choose frome than too little (did you read about Skyrim? they got rid of mysticism this time). Besides, there's some kind of synergies between skills. For instance Dodge and Evasion have a synergy of 10% meaning that every 10 point in one skill gives 1 point in the other. Not so bad after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom