Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Two Worlds II Impressions @ RPGamer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p>RPGamer offer a <a href="http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2011/012411c.html" target="_blank">few first impressions</a> on <strong>Two Worlds II</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>I don't know if the developer Reality Pump kept any of the same staff that worked on the first game or not, but the two games are as different as night and day. The game starts off with a decent character creation system, though you can only play as a male character. I had a ton of feature options, but I wasn't quite able to make someone that looked enough like me, so I just went with the coolest looking character I could create.</p>
<p>...</p>
<p><em>Two Worlds II</em> seems to be a fairly large game, as it seems that the end of the first chapter is still a long ways off. That's not a problem right now though, because I'm really enjoying the game. I currently have a mage with a tendency to torch everything in sight, but I can also summon a giant spider to draw enemy attention while I blast them from a safe distance. The fast combat, quick travel system, and complete customization of my character have me ready to go back and play more. I'm enjoying this way more than any other open-world, fantasy RPG I've ever played. So while I'm enjoying <em>Two Worlds II</em> more than I did <em>Risen</em>, <em>Divinty II</em>, or even <em>Oblivion</em>, I fear the scars left on those who played the original will be this game's biggest obstacle to overcome.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/?rwsiteid=1#16600">RPGWatch</a></p>

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
or even Oblivion

:/

Oblivion obviously ranks the highest which almost disqualifies anything he says about 2W2, though personally if he convinces the millions of Oblivion fags that this is even better then it can only be good for Reality Pump and future games from them.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I played enough of the original Two Worlds to know that it was a horrible mess
Does "enough" mean he got past the tutorial dungeon? (protip: tutorial dungeon in 2W1 is about 1min long) I'm guessing not.

Within the first hour, players should be able to handle themselves in combat, craft items, and customize magic spells.
:retarded: took me about the length of the tutorial dungeon (see above) to figure out in 2W1. So either 2W2 is needlessly complicated or he is quite slow on the uptake.

as it seems that the end of the first chapter is still a long ways off.
I would like to think this is only a "first impressions" and it'll be followed up by a real review once he finishes the game, but somehow I doubt we'll ever hear from him about this game again.

even Oblivion
Yep, the best RPG evar against which all others are measured.

Two Worlds II on the Xbox 360
Suddenly it all makes sense.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saxon1974 said:
anyone who has played this....can u comment on its linearity? Is it open world like the first game?

Yes, it's open world. Even the little island you start off on is elaborate enough to not be able to explore fully as you run into much more powerful enemies that you have no hope of overcoming until you visit other places first. Spent 2 hours just exploring and fighting what I could there and running away from what I couldn't!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
anyone who has played this....can u comment on its linearity? Is it open world like the first game?

It's open world in the same way as Gothic 2 is. You unlock new areas as you progress through the main quest, but you are free to explore whatever you have unlocked. I don't think the exploration is as strong in this game as it is in the first one.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Hmm, ok I think I will wait for it to drop some in price and get fully patched in NA and then pick it up later....thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom