Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Leon answers A LOT of Bloodlines questions

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<b>Leon</b> has answered a lot of <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/>Bloodlines</a> questions in <a href=http://vnboards.ign.com/Bloodlines_Inn/b22439/77347879/?24>this thread</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Vampyre-Kay - Since all feats are available to all Clans, you can definitely make a melee fighting Toreador. Plus, they have Celerity...
<br>
<br>
Renegade - The Alliances available in Bloodlines don't come into play in Bloodlines the way you're thinking, though they do end up being important in the game. Your choices are based on how you've treated certain NPCs in the game, and you never know who you can trust in this world.
<br>
<br>
Presence reduces your enemie's combat stats (even their rate of fire). It cannot be used in dialog, and you need Dominate to get NPCs to follow you. Your Disciplines aren't based on anything but the points you put into them.
<br>
<br>
You can either run from hunters for the whole game or kill them and be done with it.
<br>
<br>
The haven isn't for resting, it's your base of operations where you can get information/quests through email, etc.
<br>
<br>
In most cases, you could just find hidden objects by scouring areas, but that gets tedious fast. And Obfuscating isn't necessarily about running, as if you touch an NPC it is broken. So you need to be careful.
<br>
<br>
You can't steal your money back from prostitutes.
<br>
<br>
You can't feed on Vampires (that would be diablerie). You heal over time, and your healing is accelerated when you feed or use a blood pack. Aggravated damage takes longer to heal than normal damage.
<br>
<br>
You can only turn into a beast form, as we call it, in the higher levels of Protean. There are no other animals you can turn into. Other levels give you things like Gleam of Red Eyes, Claws, etc.
<br>
<br>
As far as Archons/Primogen, I'm not telling.
<br>
<br>
There are five different armors available in the game.
<br>
<br>
Stamina helps soak bashing damage.
<br>
<br>
Our stat sheet has been the same for quite a while now. If Animal ken was removed in the version you saw, then it's the final one.
<br>
<br>
You get money from doing quests and selling things to merchants. Every Hub has at least one merchant.
<br>
<br>
Beckett and Smiling Jack are the only characters from the books in Bloodlines.
<br>
<br>
Tyrranicid - I'd like to think that we were brilliant in our execution of the Malkavian dialog. You'll have to be the judge of that when you play it, however. The madness network isn't really addressed in the game, but when your character knows things ahead of time through insight, that knowledge comes through the madness network theoretically.</blockquote>
<br>
Damn! More then one paragraph again! When would I learn?
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Sirus

Liturgist
I wonder if the armor types have different bonus and disadvantages or they are all just improvements upon eachother.

plin

Liturgist
What could he mean with this: "- no embracing NPCs, but there may be something similar to it... " in whip's link?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How the HELL did you miss this quote for the news post:

LeonTroika said:
The cup size has been more varied but there's still a large ratio of top heavy women in our World of Darkness.

My gawd, this is the single most important thing Troika should be spending Dev Time on!

:lol:

Reklar

Liturgist
Those skillsets sound quite intriguing and much more cRPG than most top-down action cRPGs that claim to have "skills" (what, opening treasure chests and looting corpses?). It's too bad the minimum system requirements are about 3 years too new for my machine to meet, otherwise I'd be inclined to try it. :?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Surlent

Liturgist
People, time to bring up the hyperbole. :lol:
Bloodlines may even save this year's dry crpg harvest.
Leon is such a nice person to go over the net and answer people's questions on different sites.
Leon from Whippo's linksy said:
We have alot of ambient sounds in the game, and all the hubs have their own distinctive music (as well as different combat music)
Yes ! Combat music in fps perspective is cool.
Leon from IGN boards said:
No reputations like we had in Arcanum, but people do react to things you have done.
Does he mean scripted behavior like after completing quest, NPC is more gracious or then independant mood meters with all NPCs like Arcanum had ?
Leon from Whippo's linksy said:
Draken - all clans have access to all the feats, so you could create a very social gangrel
I wonder how balanced that gangrel would be ? Anyway good thing you have the chance. With that in mind you might end up roleplaying in this game beyond the class restrictions. :P
Leon from Dillapidation said:
Sorry, not HUD scaling, but it's fairly unobtrusive.
Hud taking half the screen is pain in the ass, but the vids don't have hud implemented or do they ?
Leon from Dilapidation said:
As far as freedom in this game, let me just say that fans of Troika style RPGs will not be disappointed. I wouldn't kill Larry, he's got some good weapons to sell
I would. And then take all of his stuff. Just like you could do in Arcanum.
btw what's the Troika style nowadays ? I skipped ToEE, so has it changed much from Arcanum ?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fat Larry probably keeps his stuff in a magical vault or a space pocket. Those things do exist in Vampire, don't they? They do in Angel, and that's got a fair amount of Vampire the Masquerade influence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom