Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bourgeoisie update - new FAQ

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Afterfall; Intoxicate Interactive

<a href=http://burzuj.nma-fallout.com/english/index.php>Bourgeoisie</a> (what a word, eh?) site has been updated with a <a href=http://burzuj.nma-fallout.com/english/faq.php>new FAQ</a> that tells you a lot of things about gameplay mechanics. In case you have no clue what <a href=http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=bourgeoisie>Bourgeoisie</a> is and don't even know how to spell it, it's a Polish indie post-apoc game that <i>promises</i> a lot of cool things.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>A lot of games irritated me because of the stupid/weird reactions of NPC’s towards my character. Reactions like NPC’s talking with me after I just slaughtered their entire family. Or situations when NPC’s in Location “X” treat me like shit because I’ve done something evil somewhere in the far end of the wastelands. Can I count on Bourgeoisie to eliminate such crap?
<br>
<br>
Yes you can. In Bourgeoisie opinions about your character and the way NPC’s will treat him will be measured in two fields. The first one will be based on affiliations to social groups. Every social group/class has some stereotypes about other social groups. These stereotypes will be used to determine if NPC’s will welcome your character with open arms or with pitchforks. Let’s suppose that your character is affiliated to a militant social group (example: member of a bounty hunter’s guild) and will try to speak with a NPC. If the NPC’s social group is non-militant or pacifist then the NPC will probably not want to talk with you and will try to ignore you. However when you speak to a guard, some mercenary or other militant NPC, you will certainly have their attention and they might even respect you more than they would if you were a non-militant character. The PC and every NPC can (and will) be affiliated to many social groups (example: gun store owner - militant and commerce/trades-person).</blockquote>
<br>
Sounds good, although that mom-raping remark was a bit disturbing.
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the update, <b>kolos</b>

kolos

Novice
Thanks Vault Dweller for News

New screens will be available in couple of weeks (TechDemo)

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Is*Bourgoise* a direct translation of the the polish name *Bruzuazja*??
is there a meaning or polish inflection that's "lost in translation"??
because calling your post-apoc game "the Middle Class" seems a bit strange
I am assuming it's just a direct connection to the story.

I saw this game mentioned over at NMA too, but what'is even way may promising to me
is the Fallout mod for Civ 3, that looks amazing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Other than the arrogance and the mom rating; it looks like it is promising. Though; it's lamost a guarantee some of the features will either be cut or pulled back a bit.

I'm surprised they didn't write that their game would solve all the world's problems.

LOL :D

Different languages sounds kewl if done right.

almondblight

Arcane
Ehh, I'm gonna stick to proleoiteriot.

*RIMSHOT!*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom