Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GamePro previews Bloodlines

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.gamepro.com>GamePro</a> have put up their fairly short <a href=http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/previews/38949.shtml>preview</a> of Troika's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It's supposedly based on the Chinatown demo some sites recently got, but there isn't really anything new in it.<blockquote>The survival of vampires depends on keeping their existence unknown to humans, and hence hiding your identity is a significant part of the game. The "Masquerade" stat indicates how well hidden your identity is from the human world. Humans aren't too fond of vampires, and if you commit vampy acts in public (sucking blood, using overt special powers) you will draw the ire of both vampires and vampire hunters. Chillingly, after a certain point of violating the Masquerade, human vampire hunters will spawn somewhere and hunt you down--further hampering your freedom.</blockquote>Is that outdated information or have they gotten rid of that "YOU BROKE THE MASQUERADE - GAME OVER!" screen that was suggested a while ago?
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

monkey

Novice
Hmm...

Is Bloodlines using the V:tM system or the V:tR system? What I'm reading seems to suggest they're using the latter (also, that makes more sense, from a marketing standpoint)...

What I'm reading about V:tR from what I'm googled doesn't seem to suggest that a masquerade is still in place, which leads me to believe that it's up to the Covenants (the new vamp meta-groups, post-reboot)...which would seem to make the Masquerade stat actually make sense (i.e., if you do enough activity to piss of the local covenant's rules, they'll bust a cap in yo' a$$).

Whipporowill

Erudite
Bloodlines has nothing to do with Redemption, and is a lot closer to the actual PnP rules - albeit not 100%. Considering Redemption wasn't even close to the original rules, people generally aren't THAT upset about it...

deus

Liturgist
IIRC, the point where vampire hunters were after you was basically a game over screen because you couldn't kill them. The Masquerade bar is probably just a visual representation of a previously mentioned three Masquerade violation limit.

monkey

Novice
Oops, my bad

Sorry, Whipporowill, I should've clarified: Does Bloodlines use the Masquerade rules or the Requiem rules?

Thydron

Liturgist
If im not mistaken - the Auto game over is for when you run out of humanity - you probably get a cutscene of you flipping out then running off into the darkness.
I think you can break the masquerade quite a lots, but you have to deal with the police / vampire hunters (which i read are killable)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom