Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Metalheart: Replicants Rampage Demo

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Akella; Metalheart: Replicants Rampage

The demo for the single player RPG Metalheart featuring turn-based combat by Akella has finally been released. It's available at the <a href=http://www.nicolasgames.com/gry.php?action=more&id=41>Nicolas Games</a> website, which is in Polish, but the demo itself supports English, German and Russian languages. The download weighs in at 171mb.
<br>
<br>
Post your impressions!
<br>
<br>
Update: Due to the limitations of the Nicolas Games server, you can also grab the game from <a href=http://hrej.cz/metalheartreprampage&p=downloady&id=1208>this</a> location. I'll post more mirrors as soon as they go up.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
A MIRROR!

You know I usually put my mirrors up on the wall :o . Okay, I know that was cheesy, but everyone loves the taste of cheese! Anyway, I spotted this over at the Blues News forums: This site seems to be a mirror that actually works. It's very slow now that everyone is trying to download, but it sure beats that 15 connection max of the other site (I never could get it to connect). I'm downloading at around 5Kb/s now so I guess I'll have wait until tomorrow to post my impressions on the game when the download finally finishes (current expected download time of 8hours).

Greenskin13

Erudite
Momma thinks you should answer the phone.

The screenshots sure look purdy enough, though.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
So I'm getting it at around 15kbps thanks to GetRight. It's not much, but it's faster than the 4kbps I was getting from a single download. I'll find out what the game is like in a few hours and post some impressions soon after. I hope it's good!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
This game got a single-page preview in our biggest magazine, CDAction, a few months ago. Didn't hear a word about it since. I don't know if it even has a Polish publisher, and it certainly is not advertised.
The preview was interesting, BTW.

kumquatq3

Liturgist
Exitium said:
So I'm getting it at around 15kbps thanks to GetRight. It's not much, but it's faster than the 4kbps I was getting from a single download. I'll find out what the game is like in a few hours and post some impressions soon after. I hope it's good!

thanks, be nice to know if it is worth a dl

kumquatq3

Liturgist
NMA posted a quick link, I got it DLed and played through it a bit.

The first think you will notice is all the dialogue is text....and is rather poorly translated into English. While not horrible you get things along the lines of:

Crud! We shouldn't have crashed our shuttle!

and after killing an enemy:

You made the enemy dial 555-Dead

The interface is simple enough, you can crouch and such via buttons like FO:T, and the inventory is pretty straight forward. I forgot to look to see if there is a weight limit, but I don't recall any.

Combat seems to be the bright spot. Pretty much FO-style TB, except you start combat by shooting at what you want to fight ,but you can't see your % hit on that first shot, which is annoying. The combat will also lag a bit for what seems like no reason, but I assume it;s a off screen NPC, a la FO.

You control both people in the party and you can target anything.

YOu actaully start out fighting what seems like a radscorpion.

The music takes a bit of getting used too, but it's not bad.

kumquatq3

Liturgist
xemous said:
downloading now @ 180k
i hate party based rpgs without a central charator but, ffs, that really annoys me that everything has to be party based now

Well, there seems to be a central guy and the chicks a side kick

Btw, there doesn't seem to be dialogue trees at all

the_dagon

Educated
metalheart test

:?

err... after a LONG download, I tried the demo...

well, it's really looking like FALLOUT (great), but it's still lacking a LOT of polish (great for a polish game :lol: )

At first I managed to fight a radscorpion style creature (turn based like in FOT)

then I came to a city (?) wall, with openings I managed to open with the crowbar

then... after a gameover screen which appeared I didn't know why,

I came to the same place, crawled into the opening and ... crash to desktop...

seems there are stability problems. Maybe they should polish a little bit their demo and publish it again.

It could be a REAL fallout game !

kumquatq3

Liturgist
then... after a gameover screen which appeared I didn't know why,

Were you screwing around with a bionic knee thing at the time? Even time you "install" it, you lose some of your green bar, if you run out you get a gameover screen. Go fig.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
It's pretty much unplayable right now, i managed to kill some imperial guardsmen, but one
of the "doctors" missions wouldn't start, i kept clicking on the dialogue thing but it just kept freezing.

Also when i killed the mutant it wouldn't let me rob his inventory to get the knife , thus couldn't do one of the rangers quests.

Dhruin

Liturgist
I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those occasions when a regional publisher releases an internal demo before they are supposed to. Just seems strange that a Polish distie has it on their 15-capacity FTP but Akella themselves don't mention it.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Dhruin said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those occasions when a regional publisher releases an internal demo before they are supposed to. Just seems strange that a Polish distie has it on their 15-capacity FTP but Akella themselves don't mention it.

You know, I found that a bit odd myself. Also, it would appear that the official Metalheart site isn't even operational. It loaded up the front page, but neither of the language choice buttons were linked to anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom