Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/falloutnewvegasdeadmoney/review.html" target="_blank">Gamespot reviews</a> <strong>Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money</strong>, scoring it 6.5/10. Why? Because <em>trial-and-error frustrations diminish the impact of this add-on's great characters and dialogue</em>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Dead Money represents a change of pace for Fallout: New Vegas, though it's not a consistently enjoyable one. Tense, deliberate pacing gives way to aggravation as the game forces you to watch every step while you meander through its dull surroundings. Lest you forget this content's Fallout roots, however, there are numerous technical oddities to remind you of them. Activating VATS targeting while firing at a turret may get the game stuck in slow-motion purgatory for a minute or more; companions might get mired in the environment or inexplicably make their way to the rooftops while you traverse the streets below. Nevertheless, Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money's provocative characters and fantastic writing make it a tempting detour for Fallout fans aching for something new. You also get some bang for your buck here: depending on the thoroughness of your exploration, you could spend anywhere from four to eight hours on Dead Money for only $9.99. Here's hoping that New Vegas' next add-on sticks to what the game is good at rather than forcing its weakest gameplay mechanics on players who want to do things their own way.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16822">RPGWatch</a></p>

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Damn you actually have to figure things out. You can't just push the magical "win" button?

THIZ GAME IZ THE WERST.

Incarnate

Novice
I thought that the gameplay was a refreshing change from the core game. There are a few tense moments to be had. Especially on hardcore, iirc.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bet Dead Money is the kind of gameplay MCA wanted to put in NV to begin with but Bethesda or the higher ups at Obsidian wouldn't let him because they were afraid it would confuse the Fallout 3 crowd.

Peter

Arcane
This article aggravates me.

Why must you hurt me so. :(

Canus

Savant
Fuck that. I think the only thing that annoyed me about Dead Money was the fact the companions were influenced so much by your first meeting and there was only a small amount you could influence them after that. Even then I recognized that it was my own damn fault.

Ausir

Arcane
It's not a new review. It's the same as the one they previously published in their 360 section.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, if every corridor of the labyrinth was the same I'd say it would be pretty monotonous no matter how big the labyrinth was.

Esquilax

Arcane
Krap said:
Ausir said:
It's not a new review. It's the same as the one they previously published in their 360 section.

Lazy fucks. :x

This is normal for Gamespot. They post the same reviews with maybe a slightly different score depending on which platform it's on. They've been doing this for years.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is sad, in a good way. I wanted to save everybody... had to kill one companion and the Old Man. Their background is rich and great. It feels wonderful. I hope the next DLC will have the same standard.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
racofer said:
Where? I never said I liked it.
When I was still lurking I saw you argue with some guy on new vegas being shit or not and he said you couldn't blindly hate on it since you never played it. Next thing I see is a thread by you showing that you played it and in it you said you liked it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom