Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Freedom Force vtTR back and forth at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Freedom Force versus the Third Reich; Irrational Games

<A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</A> had a good long talk with a bunch of guys from the Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich team and returns with an <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/563/563670p1.html>interview</a> about their favourite new characters.<blockquote>Dorian Hart
<br>
Lead Designer
<br>
My favorite new villain is Red Oktober. I like her attitude, which combines typical villainous arrogance with a fierce devotion to the Russian motherland. I like her role in the story, where that same devotion drives her to make an unexpected alliance. And I especially like her ability to turn her enemies into toads, which inspired my favorite of artist Robb Waters' comic covers. You'll know the one I mean.
<br>
<br>
I also have a soft spot for the Eyes of the Reich, because they're a great example of a designer's concept taken to great places by art and sound. I had the idea early on that the Germans had experimented to create a genetic horror - a floating eyeball that fired various flavors of beam energy from its pupil. Robb took that and made it into a brain suspended in a jar, with tentacles and jets for flight - one of the best looking new characters in the game. Eric Brosius, our fantastic sound designer, gave it a creepy, echoing mechanical voice to complete the package.</blockquote>The one thing better than over the top commies is over the top nazis.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Freedom Force doesn't exist. At least I haven't seen it anywhere. <>

Spazmo

Erudite
Much like PST, it's a fantastic game that didn't sell so good and is now pretty hard to find on shelves. With luck, you'll find an EA VALUE COLLECTION GOLD EDITION thing in a bargain bin, but that's dodgy as well.

dunduks

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Much like PST, it's a fantastic game that didn't sell so good and is now pretty hard to find on shelves. With luck, you'll find an EA VALUE COLLECTION GOLD EDITION thing in a bargain bin, but that's dodgy as well.
Yeah, thats a bad thing, I hope FFvsTR does better then the other unfortunate games. Maybe my dreams come true and I will see a sequel to Anachronox or a game set in Plansecape.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
PST sold hundreds of thousands of copies. It made money. I don't think you should comapre it to other games. I think there are multiple reasons why PST is no longer sold. Its lack of a mil+ sales is one of them since most games don't sell a mil copies anyways. I think the fact that the PS setting is defacto dead plays a part to. Not to mention, Interplay's lack of fate.

FF (to get abck on topic, heh), would be a worthy of $10, I think just to see why Spaz loves it so much.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
<3 Freedom Force. There's definetely room for improvement in the game, but it was damn fun then. If the sequel can present the same gameplay and atmosphere, but improve on it, I'm sold.

DarkSign

Erudite
Too bad Marvel had to suck a lot of the fun out of the game by commencing C&D runs on any of the small, nonprofit sites that let us skin up Marvel favorites to play with on the multiplayer side.

Talk about money whores.

Reklar

Liturgist
I bought Freedom Force from EA's webstore earlier this year for $12-15 and it was worth every penny, so you may want to check and see if they have anymore in stock. I'm also looking forward to FF vs. tTR and hope I can run it on my machine.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I bought Freedom Force from EA's webstore earlier this year for $12-15 and it was worth every penny"

No. the 'net is evil, and I don't buy from it. EVAR.

Reklar

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"I bought Freedom Force from EA's webstore earlier this year for $12-15 and it was worth every penny"

No. the 'net is evil, and I don't buy from it. EVAR.

So ask a friend to buy it for you and then pay them back, perhaps? There are ways around online purchasing if you are interested enough in the product. If nothing else, you could always, ahem, "find" a burned copy of it. :cool:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Stealing is even worse than buying from the evil net. You, sir, are trying to corrupt my poor soul. Please stop... or continue on your obviously poorly chosen path o' failure.

Reklar

Liturgist
I don't advocate software piracy (all my games are legally purchased copies), but it can be considered an option available whether you choose it or not. You could ask EB or GameStop, or the local equivalent, to order it for you and they probably won't even charge you a fee for doing it. The point I was trying to get across to you is if you have a strong interest in a game there are ways find a copy of it to play.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom