Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Thunderbolt does Diablo II

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo 2

Somebody told <a href=http://www.thunderboltgames.com>Thunderbolt Games</a> guys that <a href=http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2>Diablo II</a> is out, and they've jumped at the opportunity to write an early <a href=http://www.thunderboltgames.com/reviews/viewreview.php?rid=530>review</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Diablo II is a PC role-playing game which as a genre differ slightly from the console based roleplayers in that there are no defined characters and the plot is a loose storyline around which you build up a character by killing lots and lots of enemies. It has an online element but doesn't quite fit the profile of a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG such as Ultima or Everquest as in essence it's a lot more basic, offering little over constant fighting and some trading online. You are given a choice of five character types who you will then take through the game levelling up and building skills. </blockquote>
<br>
Such a thoughtful analysis.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Is this for real? You're joking, right?

Well, the review is dated 22 Oct 04, so you're a bit late on this news. :P

But still...... 4 years after the game's been out? :shock:

Mendoza

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
I've been thinking of buying this one, actually, and now I'm SOLD!

I don't know, I wouldn't buy it on the basis of one review. Wait for more to come out just in case.

Fez

Erudite
I can't reveal my secret underground sources, but I heard that there may even be an expansion pack for it too! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, A RPG CODEX EXCLUSIVE.

geminito

Liturgist
It will be interesting to see how Diablo II and Everquest II do this week. Two long-anticipated online game sequels. Should be exciting! I predict EQ2 will be somewhat higher in the top 10 than Diablo II. We'll see.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Hey now, Diablo 2 is after all the sequel to one of the most popular hack n' slash-RPG's ever. Don't be so fast to count it out! :wink:

After all, it's still on sale for budget-price and in Collector's Edition. :lol:

Limorkil

Liturgist
Sounds like another action RPG hack-and-slash clone similar to Sacred and Divine Divinity. Those graphics look a bit dated though.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Limorkil said:
Sounds like another action RPG hack-and-slash clone similar to Sacred and Divine Divinity. Those graphics look a bit dated though.

Yeah, they should have taken a look at Guild Wars. It seems like a similar sort of gameplay, but with more of a multiplayer, tactical element, and way prettier graphics.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
Limorkil said:

Yeah, those poor chaps at Blizzard will never make it big if they keep releasing stuff so behind the curb like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom