Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Siege III Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege III; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://playeraffinity.com/pc-featured/dungeon-siege-iii-preview.html" target="_blank">Another preview</a> of Obsidian's soon to be released action RPG surfaced over at Player Affinity.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>There are several new features: One of these core features of Dungeon Siege is the ability for players to cooperatively play through the campaign and other maps as part of a single group, with two players per console or four players online.&nbsp; Players have the option to revive each other should one be killed, but doing so takes valuable time that could prove fatal. This plays into how loot is distributed, as loot is an important part of any dungeon crawler title. In Dungeon Siege it certainly is varied as loot drops from enemies or other sources; however it is collected into a communal pile for usually anyone to use. Some loot is unique, so negotiation must be factored in to properly assign gear.&nbsp; Group dynamics would eventually have to play a role, and I'm sure that is one of the primary drivers for enjoyment out of this game. Finally, the engine used is completely new and proprietary, allowing dozens of units onscreen with only minor framerate fluctuations.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/102264-dungeon-siege-iii-preview.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Obsidian Entertainment, with its reputation for revitalizing mediocre series, seems to be improving the framerate issues the earlier games had, along with innovations in party management
My kind of article

:salute:

exe

Augur
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are several new features: One of these core features of Dungeon Siege is the ability for players to cooperatively play through the campaign and other maps as part of a single group

A new feature? Coop was the only fucking reason I played DS2 :roll:
So now they graduated from marketingspeak to outright lying? :x

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
exe said:

Considering its a preview and not an interview. No.

Co-op is different anyhow to previous Dungeon Siege titles.

Edit: Also its not really obvious but I think hes refering to the whole series on that sentence.

bonescraper

IronicNeurotic said:
Obsidian Entertainment, with its reputation for revitalizing mediocre series, seems to be improving the framerate issues the earlier games had, along with innovations in party management
My kind of article

:salute:
Haha, damn. I guess i'll have to visit gamebanshee more often.
:love:

Stalin

Scholar
mangsy said:
Didn't realize Obsidian was making this. :thumbsup:

exe said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are several new features: One of these core features of Dungeon Siege is the ability for players to cooperatively play through the campaign and other maps as part of a single group

it has coop but there is a slight issue. Here is from the happy fans:

"I just recently learned that DS3, a game my buddy and I were looking forward to for SO LONG is now basically worthless to us. We enjoy playing these dungeon crawler, hack n slashers cooperatively when we get together on Fridays for our gaming sessions. Imagine our dissapointment when we realized that the now piece of garbage DS3 wont even save our coop progress. Or rather it wont save the progressss of the person joining (ie NOT the host). Why? Why even include multiplayer options if you are going to make it completely pointless?

Its sheer laziness. Sorry to be so harsh Obsidian but thats all it is. Diablo does the coop saving. Sacred 2, boarderlands, champions of norrath series, baldurs gate hack n slashers, and Im sure many many more games have very succesfully implemented coop online/offline and the ability for everyone to at least save their CHARACTER progress. This is nothing new. It might be tricky, it might take alot of play testing and balancing, but thats what it takes to make a great game. Hard work. Apparently Obsidian doesnt feel that way and they would rather churn out crap games and hope one of them hits with the moron casual crowd."

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=57219&view=findpost&p=1106505

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Stalin said:
mangsy said:
Didn't realize Obsidian was making this. :thumbsup:

exe said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:

it has coop but there is a slight issue. Here is from the happy fans:

"I just recently learned that DS3, a game my buddy and I were looking forward to for SO LONG is now basically worthless to us. We enjoy playing these dungeon crawler, hack n slashers cooperatively when we get together on Fridays for our gaming sessions. Imagine our dissapointment when we realized that the now piece of garbage DS3 wont even save our coop progress. Or rather it wont save the progressss of the person joining (ie NOT the host). Why? Why even include multiplayer options if you are going to make it completely pointless?

Its sheer laziness. Sorry to be so harsh Obsidian but thats all it is. Diablo does the coop saving. Sacred 2, boarderlands, champions of norrath series, baldurs gate hack n slashers, and Im sure many many more games have very succesfully implemented coop online/offline and the ability for everyone to at least save their CHARACTER progress. This is nothing new. It might be tricky, it might take alot of play testing and balancing, but thats what it takes to make a great game. Hard work. Apparently Obsidian doesnt feel that way and they would rather churn out crap games and hope one of them hits with the moron casual crowd."

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=57219&view=findpost&p=1106505

Only for local, half-truth and completly retarded post.

Furthermore this also strongly depends on how co-op is implented in the ACTUAL content of the game.

Also naming Boarderlands co-op as an example for GOOD co-op.

:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom