Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age II Item Pack DLC now available

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>No really, these are wonderful news. For a mere $5 you can aquire a couple of awesome weapons and armors as DLC for the bestest RPG of 2011 by the bestest RPG developer of all times. <a href="http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/7215354/1" target="_blank">Thus spoke Chris Priestly</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>New item packs for Warriors, Rogies or mages are now available as DLC. You can purchase one class pack for 240 points/$3 or buy all three for 400 points/$5. Each packs contain powerful new weapons and armor for Hawke (per class),&nbsp; and new items for followers.<br /><br />These packs are now available for Xbox 360 and PC. Available for Playstation 3 as soon as possible.<br /><br />You can learn mroe abotu these packs and see some of the new armors on the Dragon Age 2 Add-Ons page.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>U wantz 2 learn mroe abotu these packs n shit? <a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/agegate/?url=%2Fda2%2Faddon%2F" target="_blank">Go here</a>.</p>

http://dragonage.bioware.com/resources/ ... 1-mage.jpg

Looks familiar...

Epic-fail-guy-dance.gif

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Seems like a good idea for them, a 1~2 hour DLC goes by $15 bucks, a simple set of items going by $5...

I am so confused as to what the actual product is here. They give you a set of gear - ok, so effectively they are tweaking the balance in favour of making it easier. I haven't played the game, but did many people really find the game that hard on its easiest level that they'd pay $5 to make it easier by raising their stats?

Ok, I get it when people buy gold in mmorpgs - they use it to access content that they'd otherwise hvae to grind for. Almost all of those money-for-items purchases in mmorpgs are used in order to skip grinding, thus increasing the proportion of 'fun'-time to 'boring'-time (no, I don't see that as fun either, but the mmorpgers seem to).

What equivalent thing are customers getting here? Are there any dungeons that they couldn't otherwise do without, say, a resist set that comes with the DLC? Is there a multiplayer PvP section that they want an unfair advantage with? Fuck, even other players to flash their epeens to? And it wouldn't even grant epeen - if the only way of getting the item is by buying it, and everyone knows that the item means you bought it, that's like wearing a 'I have no epeen' tag in a mmorpg.

Even Bethesda seems to concede these days that the horse armour DLC was a bad PR move. How is this any better?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Azrael the cat said:
I am so confused as to what the actual product is here.
costumes. they would actually make way more money if they introduced 5 or so mmorpgish costume slots and sold individual costume pieces at 0.99.
much more money for a marginal amount of additional work.

KalosKagathos

Learned
So I checked the site to see just how overpowered this stuff is, and you know what? It doesn't tell. No equipment stats are posted. Do they really think people will buy it without even knowing what their purchase does? Don't answer, you'll make me depressed.

Kitako

Arcane
They'll sell anyway, nothing new. And people will rage on forums about important stuff like "the armor I spent money doesn't show enough cleavage"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom