Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic 3 Issues

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Gothic III; JoWood Productions

<a href=http://www.gamestar.de>GameStar</a> and <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> report that JoWood has announced a possible release date for the upcoming RPG sequel, Gothic 3, stating that the title is now scheduled for a release in the fourth quarter of this year. However, they state that Piranha Bytes, the developer of the two previous Gothic titles has yet to be confirmed as the developer.
<br>
<br>
RPGDot cites the second Gothic 2 and subsequently cancelled addon as an example of JoWood's inconsistent relationship with the developer. Apparently, JoWood made the announcement of the development of this second addon without first consulting Piranha Bytes, which refused to spend any further time developing Gothic 2 and wanted instead to concentrate on their development of its sequel, Gothic 3. JoWood has yet to make an official statement concerning the débâcle.
<br>
<br>
JoWood has also announced that it expects to miss its targeted sales figures of 22-25 million EUR, with only 21 million EUR being made in Q4/2004 due to weak sales figures. Perhaps Electronic Arts will come to their rescue.

taks

Liturgist
i would imagine (hopefully) that PB must be the developer if they want a Q4 '05 release on the thing. they've apparently been developing G3 for over a year now... i.e. JoWood is stuck with 'em.

taks

LlamaGod

Cipher
I thought the add-on was done, but hasnt been released yet because of Atari, who's sitting on it.

taks

Liturgist
no, there was one addon, the night of the raven (the german name escapes me at the moment) which has never really been translated to english for distribution. i.e. atari hasn't screwed the pooch on that one. apparently there was a second planned by JoWood, but not PB... that's a miscommunication if i ever heard of one...

taks

Vival

Erudite
Jowood may be douchebags but they're still way better than EA and the likes. Or can you image a small developer telling EA to fuck off when they order them to produce a countless stream of addons.

taks

Liturgist
there's probably some sort of power play going on... PB has done well by gothic and i believe it has sold quite well internationally (not to mention hoardes of awards). however, JoWood is in the shitter and needs to pressure its cash cow for mo' bettah' gamez hoping to pull out of the slump... at least, that's my 2 am been studying electromagnetic fields all night best guess... grrr...

taks

dagamer667

Liturgist
Vival said:
Jowood may be douchebags but they're still way better than EA and the likes. Or can you image a small developer telling EA to fuck off when they order them to produce a countless stream of addons.

What's even worse, is that EA will require them to be 100% free of any blood and at least 5 unskippable ads every time you run the game.

taks

Liturgist
Kamaz said:
Die Nacht des Rabens?
the night of the ravens... and yes, that's the expansion.

taks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom