Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview KOTOR2 PC Q&A at GameSpot

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

KOTOR2 producer <b>Mike Gallo</b> spoke with the editors of <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc">Gamespot PC</a> about the upcoming PC version of Obsidian's Knights of the Old Republic II in a <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/kotor2/preview_6116951.html>two page interview</a>.<blockquote>GS: The original game had one of the best stories to grace an RPG in years. Looking back, how did you go about following it up? What kinds of challenges did that involve?
<br>
<br>
MG: Following up a game like KOTOR is tough, especially when the awards for that game came pouring in. We actually started in the same place on KOTOR II--with a list of "Star Wars" things that needed to be in the game to make it feel like it was part of the universe. We also wanted a darker storyline, and the team at Obsidian Entertainment was able to craft a great story with some memorable characters. Those two things were our top goals from the day we started.</blockquote>"In order to top the really stupid plot twist from KOTOR, we made up an <i>even stupider one</i> for KOTOR2! In <i>Sith Lords</i>, it turns out that your character, is, in fact, Satan, come to the mortal plane of existence to spread terror in the galaxy. But when you slip on a puddle and crack your skull on a mailbox, you forget who you are! Chilling!"

Reklar

Liturgist
:lol:

That's a priceless interpretation, Spazmo. Hehe, mailbox. I'm going to have to remember that one so I can pester my friend whose already played it. :twisted:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

suibhne

Erudite
Re: KOTOR2 PC Q&A at GameSpot

Spazmo said:
GS: The original game had one of the best stories to grace an RPG in years. Looking back, how did you go about following it up? What kinds of challenges did that involve?

Grace? Grace?

Jesus Christ, I wrote like that in junior high school. Where do they hire these flacks?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Grace? Grace? "

If that's the best 'criticism' you got; you lose. Idiot.

suibhne

Erudite
Volourn said:
If that's the bets 'criticism' you got; you lose. Idiot.

Ah yes, the exemplar of rapier wit and witticism. So glad you dropped by.

When did you become a GameSpot fanboi, Vol? :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The day you criticized them for their word of the use 'grace'. Seriosuly, the others in this thread at least made REAL criticism that matters.

errorcode

Liturgist
maybe it's my lack of coffee today, but i don't have the foggiest what he's talking about. There is no amnesia and there is no big plot twist in KOTOR2.

suibhne

Erudite
Wow, Vol - when did it become inappropriate to criticize shitty writing over at GameSpot?

For what it's worth, plug in the actual definition of "grace" and you get this incisive statement from GameSpot: "The original game had one of the best stories to give beauty, elegance, or charm to an RPG in years." :lol:

The interview notwithstanding, I just pre-ordered the game. I can't find a consistent release date for it, though; Gallo says the 10th in this interview, but it's listed from the 5th to the 8th at retailers. These things are usually a little more exact once the game is in duplication.

Reklar

Liturgist
suibhne said:
Wow, Vol - when did it become inappropriate to criticize shitty writing over at GameSpot?

For what it's worth, plug in the actual definition of "grace" and you get this incisive statement from GameSpot: "The original game had one of the best stories to give beauty, elegance, or charm to an RPG in years." :lol:

The interview notwithstanding, I just pre-ordered the game. I can't find a consistent release date for it, though; Gallo says the 10th in this interview, but it's listed from the 5th to the 8th at retailers. These things are usually a little more exact once the game is in duplication.

I think the problem is Volourn actually believes the word choice is appropriate to describe the game's story. I don't know that I could agree with the word choice myself, but then I am generally pretty sceptical when reviewers make statements like that. Star Wars games generally have fair storylines, but none of them have ever really struck me as being brilliant. I recall Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight being a fun game with a pretty good story, but I still wouldn't have used the word 'grace' anywhere in a description for it. I guess I'm a harsher critic than some people though.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom