Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Konung II Brutally Bad Says Game Over

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Got Game Entertainment; Konung 2

Got Game's recently released budget fantasy themed CRPG <a href=http://konung.1c.ru/konung2/info.html>Konung II</a> is the subject of <a href=http://www.game-over.net/reviews.php?id=981>intense loathing</a> at Game Over, with landing only a worse-than-below average score of 41%. Here's the juice:
<br>
<blockquote>In the press release that Got Game Entertainment sent me along with Konung 2: Blood of Titans, they said the new role-playing game was “value-priced,” so I wasn’t expecting anything great. I wasn’t expecting a sophisticated orchestral score, or amazing cinematic sequences, or to recognize the names of the voice actors, but I was expecting a game that at least worked. Konung 2 barely passes that weak standard, but not by much, and I gave up playing it after about 10 hours, when it became clear I was wasting my time. Konung 2 is just brutally bad, and it doesn’t succeed in any area.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
If the game is crap, why even bother to release it?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a>
<br>

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Shagnak said:
I may be reading this wrong, but does this idiot think that its an rpg?

It IS an RPG, but it has RTS and Adventure game elements in it as well. Alot of the reviews I have read give it between 6.5 and 7.5, so I'd be willing to check it out if it came my way.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Otaku_Hanzo said:
It IS an RPG, but it has RTS and Adventure game elements in it as well. Alot of the reviews I have read give it between 6.5 and 7.5, so I'd be willing to check it out if it came my way.

Well, I played the demo, and if the full game is anything like that, then the rpg elements are very very very light indeed. Less so than the likes of Spellforce, for example.
More like an RTS with barely present RPG elements I reckon.
And I think its worth around the 60% mark myself. 41% is perhaps a tad too harsh.

Its interesting that despite the introduction of a 3D engine the game is considerably more ugly than its predecessor(s).

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Exitium said:
Save your money and get Seal of Evil.

Oh, believe me, SoE has my money over this game anyday. Hell, alot of other games have my money over this one. I just meant if it happened to come my way, I'd check it out. In other words, a friend gets it and doesn't like it, or I find it in a trash can somewhere. :P

Reklar

Liturgist
As I recall, Konung II is an RTS with limited RPG elements, not the other way around, which could be cause for some serious confusion if you're expecting Baldur's Gate Lite or something. I read about it and it didn't interest me too much though. Either that or I'm confusing it with some other 'K' named game. :?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Reklar said:
As I recall, Konung II is an RTS with limited RPG elements, not the other way around, which could be cause for some serious confusion if you're expecting Baldur's Gate Lite or something. I read about it and it didn't interest me too much though. Either that or I'm confusing it with some other 'K' named game. :?
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Hmmm..yes, come to think of it...

I think we both might be confusing it with Kohan II.

Oops. :oops:
Looks like I'M the idiot...

(And, yes, Seal of Evil is no doubt a better buy!)

Reklar

Liturgist
Kohan II sounds like it might be it, so maybe we're both mistaken? Not having played either one it's difficult for me to accurately remember everything I've read about them.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Reklar

Liturgist
Jed said:
You guys ever hear of Google? Might be a quick way to figure it out... :wink:

What? And actually put some effort into figuring it out? Nah, that's why we just blunder about, so someone else can find out for us. :lol:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Fez

Erudite
Either way Konung II is still crap. It doesn't deserve much effort to look into it. You will find no hidden gem here, move along.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Jed said:
You guys ever hear of Google? Might be a quick way to figure it out... :wink:

Well, I even looked (albeit very briefly) at the review and still didn't click that it was a different game.
And the stoopid thing was, I have Konung 1 (err...yes...a warezOred version...but it was so crap I barely looked at it), and Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. And played the demo of Kohan 2.

So...doubly bad that I didnt notice. Fuck, two rather un-important sequel games with crap K-names. Easy mistake to make no? :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom