Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Frayed Knights: The Skull of Smakh-Daon Teaser Trailer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Frayed Knights

<p>Rampant Games provide a teaser trailer for <strong>Frayed Knights</strong>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="640" height="390" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FiJyUyX_nc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FiJyUyX_nc?version=3" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p style="text-align: center;">&nbsp;</p>
<p>He he, looks neat. TB combat like your mom used to make.</p>

RampantCoyote

Novice
Here's a version that can run at 480p (for a little better readability):

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon

It's almost there. Since it's a digital release direct from the developer, there's not a whole lot of lead time between the-game-is-ready and the-game-is-released. Testers have been taking 30+ hours to complete it, and it's mostly meaty hours... a little bit of time spent puzzling through some of the more adventure-gamey bits, but I haven't heard of anybody spending any time grinding.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looking good, wanted to play a new dungeon crawler game for a long time now.

riptide

Scholar
This game sounds nice. Are you stuck with those character portraits for the whole game? Was hoping for more character customization, kinda like Wizardry 8.

ortucis

Prophet
Needs higher quality (720p+) trailer. Low res videos just makes your game look bad.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
ortucis said:
Needs higher quality (720p+) trailer. Low res videos just makes your game look bad.

I am not sure there is a resulotion that would make this game look good...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm:

Not really a FAQ item, but it's unlikely on Steam because:

A) It's Steam's decision, not mine.

B) The majority of indie games that get submitted for Steam get rejected / ignored, giving it long odds, and

C) Insofar as rhyme or reason can be determined for what games Steam accepts, Frayed Knights doesn't seem to be a "Steam" kind of game.

Steam has quite a few indie games of lesser quality on their service than this -- at least at first glance. And I'm not sure why he doesn't think it's a 'Steam kind of game' when you have stuff like Dungeons of Dredmor, Avadon, Eschelon, Chthulu Saves the World, etc. on Steam.

Wait a minute...

Yeah, but you don't have gamers refusing to buy a digitally distributed game unless it's on those platforms. Somehow many gamers actively support a Valve monopoly these days. Go figger.

STEAM OR GTFO, BITCH!

ortucis

Prophet
l3loodAngel said:
ortucis said:

I am not sure there is a resulotion that would make this game look good...

I have been following FK progress for a long time and for a Indie game using TGE (old Torque Game Engine), it looks just fine.

If you want bad, play "Chthulu Saves the World". I have played RPG Maker games of higher quality/more (better) content than that overhyped game.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
riptide said:
This game sounds nice. Are you stuck with those character portraits for the whole game? Was hoping for more character customization, kinda like Wizardry 8.
This. Are the characters pre-generated or can we at least change their classes, skills or whatever?

RampantCoyote

Novice
Characters are pregenerated, but they are very customizable beyond that. We've had testers try an entire party of sorcery spellcasters, or divine priests, or fighter-types (arming the back-rank characters with dual-wield and expertise in thrown weapons -- a combination that was pretty effective that I hadn't even thought of.

But it's not quite like rolling your own party. The game is focused around these particular characters.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
as long as the characters aren't railroaded into specific classes and duties, it's ok with me.

but still it would be nice to be able to change those portraits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom