Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview FFvtTR preview at GameSpy as well

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Freedom Force versus the Third Reich; Irrational Games

<a href=http://www.gamespy.com>GameSpy</a> also have got a <a href=http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/freedom-force-vs-the-third-reich/588715p1.html>preview</a> of Freedom Force vs The Third Reich, and their preview is also based on the demo many of you have played.<blockquote>Once Tombstone's origin is over, the level begins. A mysterious enemy named Nemesis has changed history, causing the Axis to win World War II. Naturally the Freedom Force can't allow this, so they travel back in time to stop Nemesis' nefarious no-goodniks. This particular level is set in 1940's Berlin and puts the player in control of Tombstone, El Diablo, and two of the game's new heroes, the slightly dim and relentlessly perky Green Genie, and Blackjack (one of Winston's chaps looking to give the Hun what-for). They arrive just in time for a good old-fashioned Nazi book burning. It seems a bunch of Hitler's goose-stepping morons under the command of Italian super-villain Fortissimo are about to burn a Shakespeare first folio, a Gutenberg Bible, and the original Summa Theologica -- along with a copy of the battle plans that cause them to win the war. This might charitably be described as a "bad thing."</blockquote>One thing I have to wonder after playing the demo is why that British agent dude sounds Australian at times.

Fez

Erudite
Perhaps the accent slipping on the hired voice talent? I've noticed that in other games and it does bother me as it should be redone if it sounds wrong.

Reminds me of the mess over Beyond Divinity and it's VO. At least this won't get that bad.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Considering how they skimped on the VO, I'm surprised they sound as good as they do. The voiceovers in Deus Ex (which were voiced by Alex Brandon, for the most part) were awful, haha.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I couldn't tell if Tong was French or if the French people were Chinese. The French resistance guy you meet in the Paris catacombs sounded just like Tong.

z3r'0'

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I couldn't tell if Tong was French or if the French people were Chinese. The French resistance guy you meet in the Paris catacombs sounded just like Tong.

:heh: cool, never noticed that. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom