Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Exclusive Interview at Obsidian - Part 1 and 2

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

<p>The Game Creators Vault offer <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOBp5ukZ3s&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">part I of a video interview</a> with Obsidian Entertainment's Chris Avellone and Tim Cain (!) on the Fallout Franchise.</p>
<p>Embedded for your convenience:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="640" height="390" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDOBp5ukZ3s?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDOBp5ukZ3s?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p style="text-align: center;">&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgt_2YPee0" target="_blank">Watch part II here.</a></p>

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
That's a rather nice meeting room, much nicer than the one at my office. I guess game development is where the money is.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Part 2 of the Interview
Codex Discussion

Fear not bros, in Part 2 the interview inclines a bit.

/e: also, I challenge our resident Photoshop experts to try and beat my try at the inevitable MCA Fonzie! (Part 1, 3:39 Min)
rrul8nw3.png

Part 1 is shit but part 2 is worth a watch. Could've been better without those guys from that web series I never heard about before. Who the fuck watches web series anyway. Those guys were obviously very uncomfortable around Tim and Chris, they should've talked a lot less.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Multidirectional said:
Who the fuck watches web series anyway.
I do. :smug: You sound like it is a perverted, illegal thing to do. You probably visit a lot of crappy site each day, I don't see how watching a few minutes long web series is any worse.

J_C said:
I do. :smug: You sound like it is a perverted, illegal thing to do.

Hey now, I don't sound here at all. No I don't think it's perverted, and I surely don't care about what's legal, but there is so much better stuff to watch that I could never understand caring about some subpar fan made movies, moreover inspired by videogames.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Multidirectional said:
J_C said:
I do. :smug: You sound like it is a perverted, illegal thing to do.

Hey now, I don't sound here at all. No I don't think it's perverted, and I surely don't care about what's legal, but there is so much better stuff to watch that I could never understand caring about some subpar fan made movies, moreover inspired by videogames.
I know that there are better things, but as far as fanmade movies go, I think this is not subpar. Time to time I watch these kind of things to see what can people with a limited budget and a bit enthusiasm do.

Marsal

Arcane
Fatso should STFU and just let Tim Cain speak.

Why were those 2 even invited? Who wants to hear about their shitty videos?

:x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DwarvenFood said:
Thank you.

EDIT: Part 2 is better.

Agreed. It was more interesting on hearing how the publishers already have their demands on what a game should be when they approach Obsidian, and Obsidian fulfills their wish.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
a1263_bm.gif

I can just repeat what others said, you guys are great!

I was wondering if I should post this pic on MCA's facebook wall or not. Neverwind, I post it.

Phelot

Arcane
What the fuck is that lame fan movie doing in this interview?!

Also, check out MCA's arms. He's a beast! I bet he's wearing a wife beater under that Mexican gang shirt. :salute:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
OMG MCA I JUST SUCKED UR COCK SO HARD! LOLOLOL!!

Right. The interviewers are monstrously gay. The Nuka Break guys are profoundly gay. MCA and Tim Cain, one of which actually is gay incidentally, are pretty cool bros.

Luigi

Barely Literate
2 fags burping about ancient bizness
how quaint
must be cool to know you peaked in the last century

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom