Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Drox Operative Screens

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Drox Operative; Soldak Entertainment

<p>Soldak Entertainment show off the first few screenshots of their sci-fi RPG Drox operative. <a href="http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Screenshots.html" target="_blank">Look here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Lightknight

Liturgist
Well, there wont be any orange grass, but he really needs a proper artist to get the colors right. Those engine exhausts look very odd.

Korgan

Arbiter
Can't wait for this. Man, this game sounds like it's taking the best things from Space Rangers, Star Control 2 and Escape Velocity, and I loved all of those.

Satan

Educated
Depth of Peril in the space. Just as banal shit boring like all his previous copy-pastas.

ortucis

Prophet
Elwro said:
Depth of Peril was a banal-shit-boring copy-pasta?

Graphics were fine and there was a very good opportunity to tell a interesting story in a good RPG. But it all went down the drain when the game ended up being nothing more than a Quake 3 tournament where AI was not only after your head but ater your quests as well.

So yeah, if you like racing against computer to complete generic quests in a generic world, you will love it. I don't, so I never touched any other game from the developer (since the same feature is actually mentioned in bold like it is so awesome and super and fun.. IT ISN'T).

tindrli

Arcane
Korgan said:
Can't wait for this. Man, this game sounds like it's taking the best things from Space Rangers, Star Control 2 and Escape Velocity, and I loved all of those.

from your mouth to god's ears bro!!!!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You guys are a bunch of retards.

Here comes something that might be as fun as Privateer and you complain it's ugly and not turn-based. Go die in a fire.

Satan

Educated
Jasede said:

Here comes something that might be as fun as Privateer and you complain it's ugly and not turn-based. Go die in a fire.

his previous games were banal shit boring. why would i expect something awesome now?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jasede said:

I have never played Privateer , am I missing something? I probably passed on it before because i'll assume it's not turn based.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You deserve to sit in the stupid corner then.

Why should a game whose main attraction is a changing, emergent universe be turn-based? Real-time adds pressure. Din's Curse is excellent precisely because of this element, and other well-executed ones.

And a Codexite who hasn't played Privateer is no Codexite at all.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Oh ok.

EDIT: There was never an Amiga port for it so I missed it. I had my Amiga 500 until 2002.

Still playing catch up on games that never had an Amiga port.

MCA
Jasede said:
Why should a game whose main attraction is a changing, emergent universe be turn-based? Real-time adds pressure.

:facepalm:

If only you added a few buzzwords like visceral and adrenaline packed too and I might have taken you for Todd or Pete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom