Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview IGN previews Restricted Area

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Master Creating; Restricted Area

<a href=http://pc.ign.com>IGN</a> have done a <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/602/602892p1.html>preview</a> of master creating's upcoming cyberpunk action RPG Restricted Area.<blockquote>Some cool tactical options are opened up by the presence of exploding barrels. If you shoot one of these babies, it can take out a whole group of enemies at once. Since many of the enemies are a good bit slower than you, you can get a nice little train going before leading them to a cluster of barrels. Mutants is so stupid.</blockquote>Exploding barrels aren't exactly the vanguard of innovation they were back on the NES.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Going by your little quote; I don't see them calling it an innovation just a cool combat option. There's a huge difference. It seems odd to call them out on soemthing they seemingly didn't write..

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What's wrong with you guys? Restricted Area never presented itself as anything more than an action RPG. It's like listening to American Idol and expecting Beethoven.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
NMA has dubbed it a Diablo clone, if my memory serves. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, on one hand. On the other, I might just be saying I'm not eagerly awaiting it.

RGE

Liturgist
Exitium said:
What's wrong with you guys? Restricted Area never presented itself as anything more than an action RPG. It's like listening to American Idol and expecting Beethoven.
But you said that it would be filled with plots and intrigue...and fun stuff like that. I feel so relieved that I didn't take you seriously. Not even after you persisted. :roll:

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Fuck it, I preordered it out of frustation. There hasn't been a decent Isometric Scifi game since Fallout 2, pretty pathetic.

RGE

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Are you sure, RGE?
Yes. I mentioned in a thread unrelated to Restricted Area that I'd like to see a cyberpunk game where I get to experience interesting plots and intrigue or something like that. You suggested Restricted Area, I asked you if you were kidding (since I had already seen the gameplay video), and you claimed to not be kidding. Unfortunately the search engine won't go that far back in time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom