Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Minions of Mirth Open Alpha

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Minions of Mirth; Prairie Games

Josh Ritter has <a href=http://www.prairiegames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28>announced</a> that they will soon be conducting an Open Alpha for their RPG <a href=http://www.prairiegames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2>Minions of Mirth</a> with the full mod making SDK and Level Editing software.
<br>
<blockquote>We will soon be conducting Open Alpha Testing on Minions of Mirth.
<br>
<br>
We will announce the beginning of the Open Alpha Test here. At that time, we'll send out an instructional email to chosen testers.
<br>
<br>
The alpha includes the full mod making SDK and level editing software. We'll also be running a number of contests and looking for help writing content for the game.
<br>
<br>
Potential testers and helpers should email: lara@prairiegames.com
<br>
<br>
We are a bit behind on updating the game's web page. Some newer screens can be found HERE and there is also a FAQ
<br>
<br>
-Josh Ritter
<br>
Prairie Games</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>wesleyclark</b>.

Ellester

Liturgist
Hmm… I like the tracking system. Graphics look good, and character customization seemed to be advanced. And they are using d&d rules, but not mentioning it? When they say massively single player crpg, does this mean its an on-line game, or is it their to exaggerate the size of the game? Anyway, this is the first time I’ve noticed the game and for $25 it looks super interesting. I wonder if it’s going to be any good, but I doubt I have time to try the alpha. we'll see.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I have high hopes for this game.
Tossing up whether I will have time for alpha testing....hmmm....

@Ellester: I get the impression that the single player is not on-line, but I have not seen a definitive statement about this yet.
When they say things like "The Massively Single Player game has all the features of the muliplayer, other than forming alliances, trading, and dueling with other players", there is nothing there that definitively says it is or isn't online.
Once upon a time you could assume that SP was off-line, but now that Guild Wars has brought up the idea of "instancing" ....

Errr...so, the short answer from me is...I don't know :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom