Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #10: Campaign breaks $1.5mil

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Jordan Weisman; Kickstarter; Shadowrun Returns

The Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter campaign has just made it over $1.5mil in crowd funding! To celebrate the event, Jordan Weisman and the team have put up a new update entitled simply "Bravo!"

You did it! $1.5 million dollars! Phenomenal!!!

And do we have one little stretch goal left? You bet! And it was your idea.

In this video, Jordan tells you what it is.

You know what to do: Go make some noise.
  • Talk about us on Facebook and G+
  • Share the images we’ve posted
  • Tweet and retweet on Twitter #shadowrunreturns
  • Make an impassioned YouTube video
  • Uh. . . build a Pinterest board
  • Post some fanart
  • Do one of those goofy flashmob things
  • Call Wil Weaton
  • Call Felicia Day
  • Call the President
  • Whatever
  • But PUSH. Be creative. BE FAST.
You rule.​

In the video, Jordan tells us physical adepts will be in if Kickstarter reaches $1.75mil. You know what to do.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Well, I finally contributed. I have no idea what a physical adept is, but I'm ready to talk to more magic dogs and incorporeal Indians.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Wow! Jordan has a new shirt. This one actually looks good, not at all like the gross old things he wore in some other videos.

Now if he could just stop saying Wow! I hate it.

P.S. Just to be clear: we are not going to use any of the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter money to buy new shirts.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Allright now sail steady and don't fuck up a la xbox port at $2Mil or something :)

Another nice project closing successfully. The only decline is that we did not get an interview (yet?).

Burning Bridges

a bit more shirtology

shirt1.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
God, their comments page is ungodly; It's even more circlejerking than Wasteland 2 was.
They should hire that guy RC, he probably made like a third of the comments there.
Also:
RC about 5 hours ago
I used to be a Dragon like you, but then I got bit in the knee by a kitten.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Commando Balloon needs your help, not this shit! So far we've raised $3 for this classic. I did my bit, now it's time for the rest of the Codex to step up.We have just over a day to raise another $4997!

Come on try it, it's not FREE!

Lets do it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/199172879/commando-balloon-will-rise-again
Is Commando Balloon a Physical Adept?

No.....er I mean ,yes, YES! THe more money you give the project the more Physically Adept he gets!

God, their comments page is ungodly; It's even more circlejerking than Wasteland 2 was.
They should hire that guy RC, he probably made like a third of the comments there.
Also:
RC about 5 hours ago
I used to be a Dragon like you, but then I got bit in the knee by a kitten.

:hearnoevil:

I hope they won't cater to retards like that, but to fans of the old console games, or PnP crowd.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Commando Balloon needs your help, not this shit! So far we've raised $3 for this classic. I did my bit, now it's time for the rest of the Codex to step up.We have just over a day to raise another $4997!

Lets do it!

You know I would, but only if it was a combination of the games Commando and Balloon Raid.
crate_commando.jpg

Is it too late to change the concept you think ?
balloon_raid_03.gif

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Lets do it!

You know I would, but only if it was a combination of the games Commando and Balloon Raid.
crate_commando.jpg

Is it too late to change the concept you think ?
balloon_raid_03.gif

I'd like to believe that the developer will take this under consideration. I'm a bit disappointed with his lack of updates to be honest. He just doesn't seem to appreciate the goldmine he is sitting on with this. On the other hand, I suspect that Jowood and Interplay have bought the rights to Commando Balloon and are just carefully improving the gameplay aspects for a wider audience(as JW did successfully with Arcania) and are going for a last heroic effort these last hours.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Another nice project closing successfully. The only decline is that we did not get an interview (yet?).

Given the nature of the codex, I think it would be in his best interest to stay the fuck away from us. The last thing we need is another potential bringer of incline getting trolled by drog alts yelling "iOSfag snake oil con man fucktard". Hats off to the Stoic guy, even if he got butthurt, for being fairly honest and upfront about his game. But I think everyone could do without a repeat of that drama. While I wish harebrained all the best (and already pledged) there are too many unknowns at this stage to tell if SRR will be :incline: or :decline:

jewboy

Arbiter
They finally replied to my questions about the art/graphic style. I asked about whether they plan to go with an anime/cartoon cel shaded look or with something more along the lines of Blade Runner. That is, gritty and realistic. And whether to expect iso or true top down perspective. The reply was that the art would reflect the gritty world of Shadowrun, but that such details have not been decided yet. That would seem to somewhat rule out a cel shaded style. I'm not thrilled with supporting a project that is so vague, but I might risk the $15 level. It's very frustrating that they could not have made such decisions before the kickstarter effort.

Burning Bridges

The whole presentation of this kickstarter sucks balls. But the thing is, you only have to be slightly better than the competition, and there reall isn't any competition.

Eventually they will get almost 2 million for a completely vague undertaking, remaking a game hardly anyone knew before. Had there been 10 other projects like WL2 they would have gotten squat.

They finally replied to my questions about the art/graphic style. I asked about whether they plan to go with an anime/cartoon cel shaded look or with something more along the lines of Blade Runner. That is, gritty and realistic. And whether to expect iso or true top down perspective. The reply was that the art would reflect the gritty world of Shadowrun, but that such details have not been decided yet. That would seem to somewhat rule out a cel shaded style. I'm not thrilled with supporting a project that is so vague, but I might risk the $15 level. It's very frustrating that they could not have made such decisions before the kickstarter effort.

Thank you for some vague info, at least. This is a bit reassuring. I hope they won't fuck it up.

Burning Bridges

Looks like the guy is living hand to mouth. Kind of almost makes you feel bad.

I don't think so. He's just a regular guy and may have no wife. I think some woman noticed his grubby shirt in the videos and bought him some new, clean ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom