Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Metalheart GOLD

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Akella; Metalheart: Replicants Rampage

Apparently, the Russian post-apoc RPG Metalheart: Replicants Rampage is finished. Here's the straight poop from the <a href=http://www.metalheart.ru/english/index.html>offical website</a>:<blockquote>Akella and Numlock Software are glad to inform you that the post-apocalyptic RPG Metalheart: Replicants Rampage is complete! The gold master is sent for the final prerelease test. The exact release date will be announced next week. Please feel free to explore the Metalheart web site to find the comprehensive information concerning the game.</blockquote>I personally had completely forgotten about this game, but I guess this is good news.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover</A>

aboyd

Liturgist
According to this page:

http://www.metalheart.ru/english/info.html

...it's a hardcore RPG gamers wet dream. But will the translation suck? Will there even BE a translation to English? I can't find any statement on their Web site. Of course, their site is translated to English, so that bodes well.

-Tony

EvilManagedCare

Liturgist
I had forgotten about this one. Graphics look a lot like Fallout, which is fine with me. With it being turnbased I am even more interested. Let's hope this isn't another Dungeon Lords.

Balor

Arcane
Hmm.... the title of this thread should read:
Metalheart is out of beta-testing and willl go gold shortly.
But it's not GOLD yet. Meaning, it's not being replicated... it's on the last steps of final testing.

Deacdo

Liturgist
I've been anticipating this game for ages (along with Goldenlands, which looks dead).

AFAIK, the development team who worked on this game is pretty good, and the they're making no bones about Metalhearts being Fallout and Arcanum inspired. I just hope it all turns out well and the FO style multiple endings for each region is there. :)

I haven't touched a PC game for ages. This title may finally get me to get a new PC or do something about my bug-ridden one.

BTW, the combat system seems to have as much in common with JA as it does with FO :P

Surlent

Liturgist
The game itself looks okay, but I wonder what the quality will be like. Hope patches are plenty and bugs minimal.

Balor

Arcane
2 Kamaz
Then you must have hated Planescape:Torment too? I pity you. I really pity you.

Slaytanic

Educated
Wish I knew russian.
Looks like it might be teh cool game people have been waiting for.
But doubt it.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
It'll be out in Poland on June the 3rd (translation is finished), but the price is high so I'll perhaps wait for a proper demo.

GrudgeHolder

Novice
After having played the demo, I think I'll pass. The implant idea was kinda sorta neat, I admit (it's so much fun, mutilating your character while trying to wire him), but what killed the thing for me was the 'orrible dialogue. So OK, this might have been an early demo and the English translation was clearly a rush job - but then, if this is the way they wanted to promote their product (unless I'm totally wrong on the whole point of making demos available), they've got another think coming.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What demo? That 'demo' that got released was a pre-alpha tech demo made in early 2003, leaked out sometime in late 2004.

RGE

Liturgist
Yes, but GrudgeHolder has a name to live up to! :shock:

The reviews of this game will decide whether I buy a new computer sooner rather than later. If less than four out of five nomadic cybermutants approve I might as well wait until Oblivion to see what kind of computer would work best for that and (I assume) Fallout 3. I'm way overdue for an upgrade, but where's the game that makes it worth the cost? :cry:

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't care about playing a pre-generated character and love any implants, so this game is for me!

I don't see it being a reason/excuse to upgrade, though, being an isometric RPG rather than an FPG boasting groundbreaking graphics.

GrudgeHolder

Novice
Sol Invictus said:
What demo? That 'demo' that got released was a pre-alpha tech demo made in early 2003, leaked out sometime in late 2004.

Shit, I dunno whether it was the same one, didn't track Akella's progress on that job too closely, and in any case my connection with gaming industry is, like, 99% passive (i.e. they sell, I buy). The demo, or 'demo', sported Akella's logo and whatnot, so I checked it out in good faith... If they managed to improve on the thing I saw, more power to them. If not, well, implants or no, include me out.
And, yeah, I've got the nick to live up to :D

RGE

Liturgist
Claw said:
I don't see it being a reason/excuse to upgrade, though, being an isometric RPG rather than an FPG boasting groundbreaking graphics.
Perhaps you already have a decent computer with Windows XP? ;)

I still have Windows ME, and I couldn't get that demo to run, and the site didn't list Windows ME as being supported, so I figured that it might not be. Perhaps they've added support to lesser systems though, because it certainly doesn't seem like a game of that type would require a better computer than mine. Unless the game is badly optimized, which wouldn't surprise me. Optimization seems to be one of those expensive boring things which Creators don't always bother with to a large enough extent.

RGE

Liturgist
A friend offered me his spiffy new version when I upgraded my computer a few years ago. I thought the NT versions required some extra work in order to get games going, so since I'm not a poweruser I haven't bothered to check them out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom