Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Codex Dead State Campaign; Dead State; Kickstarter

Given how successful we were with Wasteland 2, having gathered more than $10k for the game, we thought why the hell not raise more money for more Kickstarter games in order to spread the Codex love?

*** DONATE HERE ***

So, we're trying to raise $5,000 for the Dead State Zombie Survival RPG made by our friends Annie and Vault Dweller Brian Mitsoda. Here are the Special Rewards the Codex will receive for our cash (courtesy of Annie Mitsoda):

$250 - 15 digital copies, Codex thanked (in aggregate) in the Special Thanks in the credits
$350 - personal info in game #1 ("Be memorialized somewhere in the game - name and key personal information incorporated into the world of Dead State")
$475 - personal info #2
$500 - text message #1 ("We will include your zombie apocalypse text message - up to 250 characters - written by you in the game as part of collectible in-game data.")
$550 - text message #2
$600 - ad poster for the "RPG Codex" store (designed by our logo artist, Brandon, and placed somewhere in the game)
$750 - character portrait!
$800 - zombie portrait!
$850 - equipment item (i.e. not a weapon or armor)
$1250 - game morale item (board or videogame - CAN YOU SAVE CODEXIA FROM THE HORDES OF TROLLS? etc.)
$1500 - 3-piece morale item set (novels? comics?)
$2000 - Zombie apocalypse story (Work with Brian Mitsoda to tell your "zombie apocalypse story" which will show up as a collectible piece of story data for every player to see.)
$3000 - 3-piece set is upgraded to 5 pieces!
$3500 - Codexian statue!
$5000 - The RPG Codex - full game store location, complete with posters, applicable decorations, and a list of the contributors in some format​

As per usual we have no idea what the details are of what we'll have in-game but I'm suspecting it will be some kind of statue...

*** DONATE HERE ***

If you'd like to contribute you MUST follow the above link. Any purchases made using the usual forum upgrades option on the user account upgrade page will not be taken into account. This is because it's too fucking hard to sort out ad-free status and what-not using that system at the moment.

Make sure you give us your forum username when you donate so we can add your name to the list of donators and work out forum goodies.

If we don't raise enough cash, then we'll go for the highest reward we can get, with anything left-over going towards hookers and booze server upgrades. If the Kickstarter campaign fails completely, all funds raised will go towards keeping the Codex alive.

Update 15th June: We've passed 10%. I've edited the content item to include further details of the special deal DoubleBear are offering the Codex.

Update 5th July

index.php

Well, we didn't quite get to the statue but we got some goods in there to horribly defile the game in memory of the Codex. Thanks to all those who donated, check the article below for the full list of donors - the top 15 of which will be getting one of our free copies!

Check the list of donors and other details here.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If there's any combat demo or video released, I'd probably be able to make up my mind on whether to put cash in or not. The weapons update they did was interesting enough. Pitch fork with pinning move, different crit. multiplier. I'd like to see them in action.

EG

Nullified
25$ donated. *Sigh*

Also, fuck you DU. Those funds were destined to be converted into a delicious pizza. Now it's to support some shitty indie vaporwaregame.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Not pledging until they include a phone-in authenticator. I want to feel safe.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is on kickstarter? Guess I throw some money at them on their page. As for this fundraising, sorry Codex, I've ran out of money.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
There should be a Codex poster in a classroom. "Sex ed. guest lecture on 5/3. Arpegus K. from Odex online university to talk about transsexualism. And fisting. Free sandwiches!"

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
If there's any combat demo or video released, I'd probably be able to make up my mind on whether to put cash in or not. The weapons update they did was interesting enough. Pitch fork with pinning move, different crit. multiplier. I'd like to see them in action.
Seconded. TB combat without full control of party members makes me wary, but party orders might be interesting. At the moment I am not donating.

EG

Nullified
The Wasteland 2 combat demo was awesome, though. ;)

Ventriloquist Dummy should sell some of his sperm to all of the fanboys on the Codex. Then he wouldn't have to beg for money on shitstarter.

PS. No bouncing tits, no likey.

:rpgcodex:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
As per usual we have no idea what the details are of what we'll have in-game but I'm suspecting it will be some kind of statue...

For you guys we can do something especial. What about an RPG store to loot in the game called "The RPG Codex", where you can find videogames and tabletop RPGs (we actually have those as luxury items that bring up morale). It will also have some other references to this prestigious place ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom