Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Czech RPG Inquisitor Available for Preorder on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Cinemax; Inquisitor

The long-awaited (by some people) Czech RPG Inquisitor has today become available for pre-order on GOG for the reasonable price of $11.99. The game releases on September 5th.

What's cool about it:
  • Three character classes -- Paladin, Priest, and Thief -- each with his own unique and independent story.
  • Wield the power of the Inquisition as you arrest heretics; use a variety of tools -- such as the iron maiden, suspension, and the rack -- to extract confessions and burn the heretics!
  • A wide, open-ended world for you to explore and exploit as you see fit.
  • More than 200 weapons, 80 spells, and 7 schools of forbidden and allowed magic!
Overview:
Ultherst was once a peaceful, God-fearing land until the Three Scourges of God came to pass as foretold by Saint Ezekiel, one of the twelve followers of the First Prophet. First came the famine that devasted the populace. Next came the plague that added more unfortunate souls on Death’s abacus. Finally came the great rain of fire, and death fell down on sinner and innocent alike, blood flooding the streets in place of water. The people, in their desperation, turned away from the Holy Mother Church and delved deep into pagan decadence or succumbed to the temptation of the Devil. You have been charged with the office of Inquisitor. It is up to you to investigate crimes against the one true faith and root out heresy--using any and all means necessary.

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences.​

In case you're on the fence, we have our own review of Inquisitor upcoming, courtesy of the review build we've received from the publisher, but given the sheer size of the game I doubt it will appear earlier than at least a week after release.

Still, if you think you'll want to try the game out yourself anyway no matter what the reviews say, you can grab it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

catfood

AGAIN
In case you're on the fence, we have our own review of Inquisitor upcoming, courtesy of the review build we've recently received from the publisher, but given the sheer size of the game I doubt it will appear earlier than at least a week after release.

So which staff memmber is responsible for the review? Because I have one question: how does it compare to Divine Divinity? Because this game strikes me as DD in a slightly different setting.

Morkar Left

It comes with a lot of goodies on gog, even a novel... I wonder how good the translation is...

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For those who are too lazy or retarded to use the search feature, we had some threads on this game here and here.

I think I'll preorder it myself.

Morkar Left

What's your point? I'm pretty sure these threads are the reason the gog release got even mentioned here...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the "demo". Haven't heard many good things about it around here, but plenty of bad ones.

Morkar Left

Dunno, if there isn't a horrible flow, for the price alone it looks like it will be more fun than one of the major AAA releases.

kaizoku

Arcane
Is this what D3 should have been?

Will there be a demo?
Otherwise I'll have to wait for the review.

Gruia

Educated
there is no demo.

I played it in beta. Its an awesome game. Remember how you skip ahead of all that text, here you will enjoy reading it, and what's more you need to read it for the quests.

I suggest starting it on easy, the combat is pretty hardcore.

I've preordered it myself. For its price, it delivers and then some.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Some other guy said the combat was Lionheart-like and the writing was of Torment length but Bioware quality.

Who to believe?

Gruia

Educated
no, imo the combat is weaker than diablo 1, also the pacing is higher (speed stat) so less immersion while dungeoning.
But the towns and intrigues make up for it.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
art style looks gud, but i'm not too interested in playing another diablo clone
This. It's awesome that they put this game together but I've had enough of this sort of thing that I don't know if I want to touch a Diablo-ish game anymore (even if it is more along the lines of Divine Divinity).

Gruia

Educated
I think you guys have the wrong idea. This game is more about the NPCs, the intrigues the writing. I see no point mentioning Diablo here, where you will spend countless hours going back and forth to NPCs to gather evidence.

I would compare it to Arcanum more. Just on a different setting and a bit more restricted .. as it follows a novel

kaizoku

Arcane
you will spend countless hours going back and forth
backtracking you say :smug:

I have no qualms with it if it looks like Diablo or not. The last clone I played was D2: LoD.

How much Arcanum?
Do you have different ways to solve quests? Different consequences?

Gruia

Educated
yes, but its not as complex.. as I said, they have to follow the novel

You have an alignment meter, so .. that should tell you enough about choices in the game

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wasn't there another game in which you play an inquisitor, but can decide to do the "religion is death, death to religion" path ? Damn, forgot the name but it was a nice game. I think this one is more like Lionheart than Diablo or it's more direct clones.

ironyuri

I've gotten big Arcanum vibes from the gog screenshots. I'm emotionally engaged. Hyped. Excited. My penis is erect. I want to play this game 7 times, and then another 7 for good measure.

I want to be an dragon Inquisitor.

120478_o.gif

476854_o.gif

4790_238f.gif

ps: I wonder if @The Brazilian Slaughter expected the Spanish Inquisition?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Wasn't there another game in which you play an inquisitor, but can decide to do the "religion is death, death to religion" path ? Damn, forgot the name but it was a nice game. I think this one is more like Lionheart than Diablo or it's more direct clones.
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
if they can deliver on the

involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged.

i'm all for it.
But lookin at the amount of apple juice in the inventory screenshot, i rather wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom