Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Legend of Grimrock Dungeon Editor Feature List

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Almost Human Games; Legend of Grimrock

Almost Human have put up a blog post detailing the features of the upcoming dungeon editor for their old school RPG Legend of Grimrock:

We realized that we really haven’t listed the Dungeon Editor’s features and capabilities in any single place clearly so hey, why not compile a list here. This should give you a better overall picture about what you can create with the editor. Let me switch on my marketing droid -mode here for a moment… There! Let’s go:
  • Simple and straightforward user interface.
  • Instant preview lets you test play the dungeon instantly: no need to leave the editor or wait for the level to export.
  • Create puzzles, traps and contraptions simply by connecting buttons, pressure plates and other triggers to trapdoors, spawners or teleporters for example.
  • Use Lua scripts to create even more complex logic and go beyond what would otherwise be possible.
  • Fill your dungeons with any of the 350+ original Legend of Grimrock assets.
  • Create new items, complete with new graphics and functionality like new magical weapons or potions with their own custom effects.
  • If you want a cow-on-wheels roaming the tunnels, it’s no problem: you can use your own custom monsters!
  • Totally transform how the dungeon looks and feels like by using custom environment graphics and objects.
  • Trigger your own sounds or replace the background music.
  • Tell a story with custom intro and ending cinematics.
  • Create hellish demon snails simply by changing the textures of the original snail: you can modify, replace or recycle the original Legend of Grimrock textures, meshes or other assets to suit your needs.
  • Publish your creations by using the built-in Steam Workshop support – or just freely upload the dungeon data anywhere or hand it out directly to your friends.
Some of you might know that we’ve previously had a policy in place that has prevented modders from modifying/distributing the game assets found in our game data. We will still have that policy in place as far as reverse-engineered assets are regarded but we will release a comprehensive pack of assets along with the editor that you can use and modify to create Legend of Grimrock mods. This is just due to the fact that we can’t, for example, give away sounds we have bought and give people the permission to use and modify those assets. But don’t worry, the majority of our assets will be in the pack for you to use. We will release the revised modding and asset usage terms soon.

Oh, and there won’t be a need to hack the game to access the developer console anymore either: to make it easier to debug your custom dungeons, we have implemented an option to enable the console.​

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to find out just to what extent we will be able to mess with the geometry of levels.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm wetting my little girl panties waiting for this.

:thumbsup:

zeitgeist

Magister
  • Use Lua scripts to create even more complex logic and go beyond what would otherwise be possible.
  • Create new items, complete with new graphics and functionality like new magical weapons or potions with their own custom effects
Does this mean that new classes/skills and additions to the combat system will be possible or is said scripting related to the items and the dungeon only?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

11623.jpg

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Does this mean that new classes/skills and additions to the combat system will be possible or is said scripting related to the items and the dungeon only?

Their blog comments say only items/dungeon, but that they are thinking about letting people mess around with custom classes down the line.
It should be trivial to add a spell-like effect to magical items though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speculation that this might end up in the upcoming (possibly tomorrow) Humble Bundle.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Open Beta is live, but only for thos who purchased on Steam....

This + editor integration with Steam Workshop makes me kind of regret buying the GOG version... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom