Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community We may experience some down-time / random crashes / timing out

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: RPG Codex

Apparently one of our server Hard Drives may be failing, so it needs to be taken offline and tested. This could take anywhere from 4 minutes to 4 hours.

In other news, you may have gotten one of the following three errors lately:

1. CloudFlare advising you that a cached version of this page is not available. And a blue button you can click to visit a live version of the page.

2. CloudFlare telling you about a potential DDoS attack and redirecting you in 3... 2... 1...

3. "An unexpected database error has occurred."​

It all boils down to server load and what-not, which we will take steps to rectify shortly. In the mean-time, if you get any of the above, try refreshing the page until it works.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
*sigh*

They brought the server back online with no notice and no update. Let's see if I can find out how we stand...

EG

Nullified
How many hard drives to we have? How many do we need to prevent the loss of our only social activity?

I'd-I'd better donate some more.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Gave up trying to reach the Codex at home. It only works here at work.

Will try again later.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
How many hard drives to we have? How many do we need to prevent the loss of our only social activity?

I'd-I'd better donate some more.

We've got two. We need both.

Gave up trying to reach the Codex at home. It only works here at work.

Will try again later.

PM me the IP you (and anyone else) can't access the Codex from. You're from a suspicious country (sorry, but Brazil raises flags like nothing else...) and may have been caught in the DDoS net yesterday.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Germany is a suspicious country too? Still can't access the site with my phone. :(

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
You're from a suspicious country (sorry, but Brazil raises flags like nothing else...) and may have been caught in the DDoS net yesterday.

Brazil rules! :lol:

Anyway, access is fine from home now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom