Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Open Development: Dungeon Layout Contest Semifinals

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Last week's Might & Magic X Legacy dungeon layout contest seems to have been a success. Out of the 17 dungeon submissions they received, Limbic have picked nine semifinalists. This week, we get to choose which three will make it to the final round. The update explains:

Hey everyone,

Finally, the semi-finals for the dungeon layout contest will be starting today. Our team has discussed all your contributions thoroughly, and it was really hard for us to pick the nine finalists you can see below.

All of you who participated have put so much effort in this, and you had such great ideas! So again, thank you to all who put their time and energy in this. You did all very well, and it’s great to work on a game that has such dedicated fans.

Some of you have been really motivated and even sent us detailed story and dialogs for the dungeons. While we'll try to stay as close as possible to your idea and vision, please keep in mind we'll certainly have to rewrite and adapt your texts so they fit the general tone, style and setting of Might & Magic X - Legacy. That said, kudos for your enthusiasm!

To cut a long story short, below you can see the semi-finalists. We need your help now, picking the three you think are the best. That means, you have up to three votes, but if you think only one of the contributions is worthy, feel free to name only one (or two, if you think two are good). Some contributors have published notes together with their dungeon layouts, they're linked beneath the respective pictures. By the way, this vote looks a little different from the others here on the blog because we wanted you to be able to pick three out of nine. For technical reasons, this wouldn’t be possible at the moment with our normal vote system.

The vote will end next Sunday at 23:59 GMT +2. The three winners will compete in the finals, which will start on Monday.

There are some pretty cool looking dungeons there. It'll be fun to read through these over the weekend.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tsc tsc, there are no codexians willing to fight for malevolent mazes full of traps and teleporters, instead of linear popamole corridors?

:rpgcodex:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tsc tsc, there are no codexians willing to fight for malevolent mazes full of traps and teleporters, instead of linear popamole corridors?

They'd rather analyze the plots of Witcher cutscenes

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
BTW, our twitter said that n°3 was made by a Codexer, but I didn't find any poster by the name of Franburns... who is it?

Servo

Arcane

They'd rather analyze the plots of Witcher cutscenes

It's more that it's just easier to criticize over-hyped PR than analyze and debate level design.

Besides, I don't even know what I'm looking at with these maps. My brain can't translate it into whether or not I will enjoy the game. Maybe that's my deficiency.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Let's spam vote the codexian dungeon to victory. :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom