Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #34: Demo preview video, game coming to Steam Early Access on January

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Mitsoda; Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

In the latest Dead State Kickstarter update, Brian Mitsoda offers a short preview of the game's upcoming playable demo, which will be called Dead State: The First Seven Days. I must say, it's starting to look pretty good.

Improved combat, improved dialogues, simultaneous zombie movement, new music and DOGS! Oh boy. Dead State: The First Seven Days is set to be released next month on Steam Early Access.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit yeah. I was worried I'd regret backing this, but this looks like it's shaping up really well.

And thank fucking god for simultaneous zombie movement.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The fuck only two handed weapons can attack diagonal tiles?
I think they mean melee. 2 handed weapons have more range so they can attack all 8 adjacent tiles, while single handed weapons are limited to the 4 cardinal directions.

covr

Prophet
Patron
God, this game is really ugly. I mean, really ugly. And half of it contains standing dog. Something went wrong I guess.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
God, this game is really ugly. I mean, really ugly. And half of it contains standing dog. Something went wrong I guess.
I could care less about how it looks as long as the gameplay/ combat, story, dialogues, etc. are good and from what I've seen so far I have no regrets backing this. :obviously:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The music in the last minute and the half is fucking brilliant!!! I want MOREEE!!! Hope it's going to the final version.

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer
yeh the graphics look sorta mediocre but thats not the focus here.. shit even Silent Storm looked better like what, 10 years ago?

heh: "THEY'RE GOING TO KILL EVERY ONE OF US!" ... good times

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Improved combat
I still see extreme damage ranges, so it isn't.

Guess that wasn't a PAX complaint. Not surprised, considering the people playing the PAX demo were the kind of people who would attend PAX.

Is that narrator the same guy from Neverwinter Nights 2's end sequence? I remember the rumor being he was so bad that Obsidian must have just grabbed one of the programmers, tossed him in front of a cheap microphone and said "read this!" Now he's working on this?

Tigranes

Arcane
The narrator is Brian Mitsoda, the lead of Dead State, formerly at Obsidian, formerly writer for Bloodlines. And yes, he narrated the NWN2 end sequence.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
aside from that dog part, which i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with, this looks promising...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom