Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The bribing of Whalenought is now complete

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Kickstarter; Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

Our campaign to raise $500 $1,500 for Staglands was successfully completed yesterday, raising an impressive:

$1,518.56 USD

Money which will be put to good use, putting some sort of horrible abomination of a Codex meme into the game. This makes the Codex contribution at just over 15% of the original $10,000 the KickStarter asked for.

The bribe money was sent via PayPal just now:

Our thanks goes to everyone who contributed. We hope to make you regret ever donating to the Codex as soon as possible.

Everyone who donated at least $15 to the Codex fundraiser will get a digital copy of the game. Along with knowing they helped get the NPC / Minion / Island / horrible abomination of a monster combination that will end up in the game itself.

For those who missed out, you've got 4 days left to make a direct contribution to Staglands via their KickStarter. The project is already successful with $20,772 raised (or $22,290 including our contribution) of the original $10,000 goal.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Do the people running the KS understand who it is they got in bed with?

I do recall them saying something along the lines of them being "both thrilled and somewhat terrified" when discussing the Codex on the KS comments, so I think they do have a fair idea. :P

Severian Silk

Will you guys quit with the putting of RPGCodex memes in video games already? It is getting ridiculous! The first time it was funny, but now it just looks like you're trying too hard.

:rpgcodex:

LeJosh

Savant
Wish I could've backed this right now. It seems to be a good project.

I don't get paid until the 28th so does anyone know if there will be post-KS funding?

Hormalakh

Magister
Will you guys quit with the putting of RPGCodex memes in video games already? It is getting ridiculous! The first time it was funny, but now it just looks like you're trying too hard.

Here at the RPGCodex, we're great at shitting on all kinds of games, but when it comes to creativity, we suck donkey balls.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are we holding another contest for this?

I don't believe there's any need. Everybody who donated $15 gets a copy, and there's no actual Kickstarter reward giving more copies. $1500 is higher than their highest tier.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I meant for whatever we're inserting into the game. Or is that decided already?

Turjan

Arcane

Here at the RPGCodex, we're great at shitting on all kinds of games, but when it comes to creativity, we suck donkey balls.

Was this the project with the monster full of scars and razor blades called "Dawn", or do I mix that up?

Monty

Arcane
Fuck non-Codexers...where the fuck were they this last decade while we were in purgatory?

Playing games instead of complaining about them on an obscure far-right internet forum.

Far-right? After perusing that terrible left v right thread in site feedback it appears this place is a hotbed of commie activity, overdue a round of denunciations and McCarthy-style hearings.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I vote for an Isle of Codexia, where the player discovers a reclusive race of Codexian Trolls. The PC can sympathize, culminating in The Battle of the Codexian Trolls versus Dawn_ and her minion Cocktopus
Dawn_1.png

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, how much has the Codex wasted sent to all the various KS since we started becoming publisher-like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom