Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 2 1.11 released

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

After a much, much shorter time than it took the 1.10 patch, the more modest 1.11 patch for Diablo 2 and the expansion is finished. Details are <a href=http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt01827p>here</a>. It's mostly bugfixes, but it also adds a bit of new content in the form of more phat loot:<blockquote>A new Mystery has been revealed!
<br>
* Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again, that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil to the Throne of Destruction...
<br>
New Items
<br>
* Added 10 New Runewords.
<br>
* Added new Unique Items that will drop from Special Bosses.</blockquote>Alright, who's up for POWAR ARMOR MANS in D2?
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>mEtaLL1x</b>!

Atrokkus

Erudite
Too bad no character nerfs... I mean cmon we can't have those lame hammerdins dominating the ladder anymore!

The rumor was that Enigma would get nerfed too, stripped of the teleport ability. But it seems now it was just a rumor.

New content is pretty huge actually.
More uber-clones, more unques that they drop and stuff.

DemonKing

Arcane
Who cares?

I tired hard to get into D2 but it didn't excite me at like the original did. Hell I'd rather play IWD again which was released on the same day as D2 and I've already finished that 3 times before.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Orginial was super in design and atmosphere, but TOTALLY sucked in gameplay and multiplayer.
It was basically only Open battle.net, even worse.

So both games are great, but for different kinds of gamers.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Hah! They fixed the marrowwalk bug. 'Av it you filthy necros!
Yep, glad they did that, at least.

Didn't nerf skills - very bad. WEll, i guess they just didn't want to shake the balance and left it as it is... cuz for sure they're not planning to release 1.12 patch.
Or just didn't bothered sorting out the difficult balance issues.

Another thing that bothers me is that there ain't no ladder reset yet.
It's been a long time already, the realms are just getting swarmed with uberchars and ultrarich players, which is not really a good thing...

Atrokkus

Erudite
What was the Marrowwalk bug?
The unique boneweave boots Morrowalk provide a bone prison skill (33lvl) charges, and the bug is that this item skill actually provided synnergy bonus, as if you actually put your hard-earned points into the skill.
A very weird and dumb bug, and it's a relief that it's gone at last.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Yo, anyone here play Diablo II on battle.net (ladder)?

If anything, whisper me. Acc: mEtaLL1x , realm: USWest.
I've just returned to ladder-play, so don't have my old high-level chars, just started a non-twinkled conc-barb (about 30 lvl now.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Huuuuurah!
The ladder will be reset on Monday (Aug 7)!
Say a temporary "FU" to all those lame rushes and twinking! Nothing's like a whole realm of low-levels struggling furiously to earn their Enigmas and uber-levels!

I guess now many previously-retired players might return to the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom