Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review IGN all gooey over Fable

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fable: The Lost Chapters; Lionhead Studios

<http://pc.ign.com>IGN</a> have got a <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/651/651398p1.html>review</a> of Fable up and ready for reading. They rate it <b>8.7/10</b>.<blockquote>At the most basic level your character's abilities change based on how you play. Though the majority of experience points you earn will be put in a common pool to spend on any of your abilities, you'll also earn bonus experience points based on which abilities you're using. Swing your sword a lot and you'll gain plenty of points to spend on physical abilities. Cast a lot of spells and you'll find that you'll have more points to spend on will powers. Since it's impossible to be good at everything, you'll find that there's even more incentive to go back and play through the game again taking a different path.</blockquote>Killing monsters with lightning bolts instead of killing them with a sword hardly counts as replayability in my book as long as you're still just killing the same damn monsters.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Actually I like Zelda more than Fable. Zelda had some fun dungeons, whereas all Fable did for me was the Barbie Dress-up thing.

Chefe

Erudite
For me, Fable is the king of the 3D Zelda heap. I don't really like Zelda's dungeons too much; the only ones I did like were the Forest and Spirit Temples in Ocarina. The rest, including the ones in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, really didn't do much for me... I found myself bored.

Fable could have used some more dungeons though. There was only like what, half of one, in the entire game?

Chefe

Erudite
Why does everyone complain about that Temple? Am I the only person in the world who didn't have a problem with it? I got through it rather quickly. The Forest Temple gave me problems though, ironically.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Forest Temple was simple, it was all push and jump dealies. In the Water Temple you had to deal with all the water rising, using the shit-tastic grappling hook, and other such bullshit.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I think it was the fire temple I enjoyed most of all. Don't ask me why though.

deadlus

Novice
Is it me or is 90% of expressions completely useless? I can scare people in 10 differnt ways but what for? To hear them say I'm mean and then run off? Renown is as pointless, so are tattoos, attractivness and scariness. I guess attractivness helps you get chicks, though my dude was like all scary but not attractive and about five women suddenly fell in love with me anyway. Oh, wifes are also useless. Unless you marry <spoiler> the major of bowerstone, then you'll earn lots of money and a useless house(wife)</spoiler>. The list goes on. Most pointless game I've ever played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom