Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Update #5: Tim Stellmach & Scott Kimball, Claw Knuckles Backer Goal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; Paul Neurath; Scott Kimball; Tim Stellmach; Underworld Ascendant

In the five days since its launch, the Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter campaign has raised over 350,000 dollars. However, it's now slowed down significantly. In the latest Kickstarter update, Paul Neurath tries to spice things up by introducing the Claw Knuckles, Underworld's rather more modest equivalent of the megadungeon and Castoff's Labyrinth. The update also comes with two new "Meet the Team" videos, this time featuring Tim Stellmach and lead systems designer Scott Kimball. I'll post the former of the two here, along with the rest of the update:

On another topic, I want to talk about getting the word out about Underworld Ascendant. Back at Looking Glass we made some great games that fell under the radar. For example, our System Shock games were largely ignored when first released. Only years later have these games been broadly recognized as classics. Ultima Underworld fared much better, but even then it took nearly a year following release to get wide attention.

The Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter lasts but a month. We can’t wait a year for a larger audience to find us.

While we’re well along towards reaching our base funding goal for the project, it’s still up in the air how many of our stretch goals might get funded. We would love to do them all! They include some great extensions to the Stygian Abyss, and to gameplay. Also some wonderful innovations.

To reach more stretch goals the community of Backers will need to steadily grow over the next couple of weeks. You are the vanguard who first recognized the vision for Underworld Ascendant. It's your voice that will ring loudest with friends and colleagues to join us. Let’s make sure they don’t miss out on this great game.

So we've got a little challenge… Over this next week let’s see if we can exceed 8,000 Backers by a healthy margin.

As a pat-on-the-back for all Backers, if we end up exceeding the 8,000 mark by noon (EST) Sunday the 15th, we’ll gift everybody who pledges $5 or more a special Kickstarter Exclusive in-game item.

These dwarven-crafted claw knuckles pack a surprising punch for such an inconspicuous weapon. And for every 500 new Backers past 8,000 that join us by Sunday, our dwarven smiths will set an extra fine Blue Opal stone in the knuckles of the Little Friends. Let’s go for the bling!

Finally, if the $1,200,000 Stretch Goal (which includes co-op mode) gets unlocked during the Kickstarter, we’ll upgrade everybody’s Little Friends with an Enchantment of Stunning. If a pair of friends can simultaneous land a blow on a common foe, they will deal out a one-time stun.

So we ask that you venture forth and let your voices be heard!

Well, I suppose if there's one game that doesn't need a megadungeon, it's this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom