Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #39: Housing, New Psi, Deep Caverns Preview

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

So, back in March, it seemed like Underrail was going to be released very soon, in the first half of 2015. Unfortunately, at some point after that, Styg quietly updated the release date on the game's About page again. It now reads "sometime during 2015", though I hope the prediction of a summer release is still relevant. Anyway, since he has more time now, he's been adding more stuff. The latest update on Underrail's development blog offers a glimpse at its final area, the Deep Caverns, informs us of tweaks that have been made to the Psi system and other stuff, and reveals that the game is receiving a rather contemporary new feature. I quote:

Hey guys, we've been a bit quiet lately, but that's only because we've been keeping our heads down and working hard on the last chunk of content for the game - the Deep Caverns. There's still a lot to do before we can show it in its full glory, but here's a little teaser screenshot below.

Also, we implemented player housing. Players will now get an old ruined apartment in Core City which they can fix up and furnish to their liking. Most of the stuff you can get for the house is just for show, but there is some useful equipment as well.

[...] That's all for now folks. We still have work ahead of us with new content, some gameplay balancing and tweaking, and then finally polishing the game, especially the old areas. I know some of you are really impatient to get your hands on the final release, but please don't ask me for the release date. I don't know and I don't even particularly care at this point. All I can say is it will be out this year definitively! One thing that we do know is exactly what needs to be done, by each of us in the team, for the game to be all it's meant to be at the release, and every day we hammer away at it. So stay patient, dudes.

We'll drop the next dev log when we have more of Deep Caverns to show.
See the full update for the changelog with all the Psi tweaks and everything. Not sure if that stuff will make it into the Early Access version though, since the previous Early Access update was supposed to be the last one.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Still hoping for a summer release. Anyway:
codexprestygiousstygtr7rqz.png

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Neurovisual Disruption - You disappear from the sight of the target, removing its ability to detect for 1 turn, and immediately enter stealth. Target also has its perception reduced by 5 and detection by 50% for 5 turns. Likewise, does not work on machines or true-sighted enemies.
:yeah:

Basically for all new psi abilities.

naossano

Cipher
I am starting to become really fucking tired of those players housing stuff.
99% of currents rpg put them, copy-pasting their buddies, and announce it as a feature, like it wasn't made before.
They should not mention it, like old games that featured it in the 90s, or make an announcement about NOT having player housing as it THEN would be very original.
Announcing it is not only boring, but makes people even more tired of that copy-pasta-fest.

MrMarbles

Cipher
Never in the field of human roleplaying was so much owed by so many to so few:salute:

At this point, the only thing left that could wish for is a level editor/modding SDK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom