Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About The Witcher...

Mamon

Scholar
Is it going to have CGI cutscenes for the story? Like the one in the trailer (which in my opinion had very good direction).

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't you think such questions would be better saved for the official Witcher Forum or some unoficial website instead of spamming RPG discussion here with pointless topics?

Anyways, afaik the intro and outro will be rendered, nothing inbetween. Who cares fir CGI movies in an RPG in the first place?

User was nabbed fit

If it's there, it's there. Not like it'll make or break the game.

HDR, on the other hand... :cool:

yns88

Novice
ViolentOpposition said:
If it's there, it's there. Not like it'll make or break the game.

HDR, on the other hand... :cool:

HDR really has potential for use in games (considering Valve's suggestions for use when making their HL2 expansion thingy), but using HDR solely for the glow effect is starting to get really fucking annoying. It's like over-shopping a photo of a model -- just too much of a slightly good thing.

sheek

Arbiter
Don't you think such questions would be better saved for the official Witcher Forum or some unoficial website instead of spamming RPG discussion here with pointless topics?
The twitcher is not even an RPG...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah, WTF. Yes it is.
Since when did Action RPGs suddenly become non-RPGs?

Shut the fuck up. Apparently Gothic is not an RPG. Goddamnit. I am getting tired of repeating the same shit over and over just because some retards don't get it.

Amasius

Augur
Jasede said:
Since when did Action RPGs suddenly become non-RPGs?

Shut the fuck up. Apparently Gothic is not an RPG. Goddamnit. I am getting tired of repeating the same shit over and over just because some retards don't get it.
Well, some Action RPGs (not many) like Gothic or Bloodlines are offering enough roleplaying opportunities to be called RPGs while others (like Dungeon Siege and most others) are nothing but a mindless action romp. If The Witcher keeps the promises of multiple quest solutions etc. it surely must be considered as a RPG.

z3r'0'

Liturgist
TBH, I really don't know. But since when are CGI cutscenes worthy of any negligible discussion? It it a deal breaker for you?

OTOH if you really want to know - stop touching yourself and google the info yourself instead of waiting to be spoonfed.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
sheek said:
The twitcher is not even an RPG...

Well, if we can discuss Oblivion or Fallout 3 in General RPG...
But wait, yeah, I wish the Witcher devs were like Bethesda. At least those people honestly tried to create genuine RPGs but unfortunatly they failed. Right Sheek?

Severian Silk

I suggest that all RPGs fall into a continuum ranging between Action RPGs (BL) on the one hand and Tactical RPGs (ToEE) on the other. It's a simple yet elegant rule. Quality of roleplaying has no effect.

sheek

Arbiter
It's not an RPG for reasons I've given plenty of times. And no, Fallout 3 probably won't be either but it can be fun to talk about.

Texas Red

Whiner
elander_ said:
You haven't played the game yet.

Win. There is no counter-argument against this one. Sheek, you lose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom