Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires 3 patched to 1.03

LlamaGod

Cipher
<strong>[ Game -> Patch ]</strong>

<p>Age of Empires III has had a patch released recently. According to the details:
</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Fixed an issue where a game would be cancelled and all players given a
"Failed to join" message when two routers that could not communicate
joined the same game.</p>
</blockquote>
<p> You can download the patch from <a href="http://www.agecommunity.com/gameUpdates.aspx" target="_self">the AOE3 website here</a>.

<br>
Why anyone would want to patch this when the Uninstall is a much better solution, is beyond me. Just change your desktop to a pretty picture and bam, you're playing AOE3.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>DarkUnderlord!</b>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
AOE3 is that bad? I know I wasn't particularly impressed by the demo but as an upgrade to AOE2 it seemed to be interesting.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I've never ever liked the AOE games, so AOE3 was just further down into the pit of crappiness for me

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
AOE3 is the same as every vanilla RTS except with pretty graphics and OMG HOME SCREEN1!

Your money is better spent on Age of Wonder 2: Shadow Magic so we can kick ass over the internet.

xemous

Arcane
Have they released a patch yet that will allow me to get rid of that hud that takes 40% of the screen?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Age of Mythology sucks. AOE2 kicks its arse hard.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
All Age of ... games suck, except for Age of Wonders, of course. That's totally B)

Age of Mythology/Empires is your general crappy vanilla RTS and the only good thing about them is maybe the campaign editor.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Nicolai said:
I found AoE and AoE2 to be pretty fun 'back when I was new to the genre. D:

I found Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 pretty fun when I was new to RPGs.

So yeah, they blow.

xemous

Arcane
Age of Mythology - Norse. What other RTS can you walk in someone elses base with 20 warriors and start builing towers and barracks, for that alone it kicks ass.

LlamaGod

Cipher
xemous said:
Age of Mythology - Norse. What other RTS can you walk in someone elses base with 20 warriors and start builing towers and barracks, for that alone it kicks ass.

pretty much all the shitty ones, like AoM

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Better buy AOM, dudes. You can totally walk into people's bases and build towers and barracks. B)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom