Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aimed hits

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
I was curious about this since you seem to be following Fallout's example in alot of gameplay aspects. Will there be aimed hits like in FO, where you can aim at the head, legs, groin, eyes, etc.?

And if so, will there be things like knockdown, knocking someone unconscious, crippling limbs, and blinding? Personally, those were some of my favorite aspects of the FO battle system.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've never seen this asked and was wondering about it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
NeutralMilkHotel said:
I was curious about this since you seem to be following Fallout's example in alot of gameplay aspects. Will there be aimed hits like in FO, where you can aim at the head, legs, groin, eyes, etc.?
Nope. Not at the moment, at least. The way I see it, it would require a lot of work to be implemented properly, i.e. each option like even aiming at the chest should have some advantages and disadvantage, and take weapons & armor into consideration. The game's complex as it is, so I decided to skip this feature.

Also, we have different special attacks that would provide the same if not more tactical options.

And if so, will there be things like knockdown, knocking someone unconscious, crippling limbs, and blinding? Personally, those were some of my favorite aspects of the FO battle system.
Yep. These effects are tied to weapons (Fallout's sledgehammers, for example) and skills.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've never seen this asked and was wondering about it.
No harm in asking.

mathboy

Liturgist
Will knocking your enemies down end the fight?

Sorry I seem to remember a discussion about this, or combat not ending in death in general, but couldn't find it now.

Lancaster

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Also, we have different special attacks that would provide the same if not more tactical options.
Can you give us some examples?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
mathboy said:
Will knocking your enemies down end the fight?

Sorry I seem to remember a discussion about this, or combat not ending in death in general, but couldn't find it now.
There are several conditions that end combat mode. Knocking enemies down won't stop a fight, knocking them unconscious will.

Lancaster said:
Can you give us some examples?
Think FO2 unarmed attacks. In AoD it's anything from Fast Attack (reduced APs, low accuracy) to Power Attack (more APs, bonus vs DR - armor's damage resistance) to Whirlwind (max APs, crowd control) to Disarm (defence bonus, chance to disarm). Technically, we can easily add Aimed Attack: Head, etc to duplicate Fallout's aimed attacks.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Well, I'm glad those things are in, since the only reason why I liked the aimed hits in fallout was because of the increased chance to cripple someone's limb or blind them or knock them unconsious.

It was always very satisfying to me when I crippled someone's limb or knocked them unconscious. :D

mathboy

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
There are several conditions that end combat mode. Knocking enemies down won't stop a fight, knocking them unconscious will.
About how often will you knock someone unconcious? Is it like in DND or does it happen very rarely?

If it doesn't happen often I think you should add something like ending the combat when you knock down your enemy. If you run away fast enough he won't find you and the combat ends, but starts again on sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom