Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - Released on Steam

deuxhero

Arcane
EDIT: Released now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/333980/

=====

https://steamdb.info/app/333980/subs/
And an official group with a screenshot (confirming it's based on the PS4 version graphically) and an unknown event sometime in the next two weeks.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/333980

Seems a little early for the game Ghostlight mentioned they agreed to port back on October 23rd and cross region gifting is disabled (Ghostlight doesn't seem to do that for their ports) so I wonder who is working on this

Regardless: Nippon Banzai!

Last edited by a moderator:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Somewhere in a dark basement modders Tessera is smiling and rubbing his hands in delight.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like it how the topic doesn't even have to mention what the game is about but all codexers know it anyway

:hero:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I googled this hoping it'd be an RPG, but it's apparently some sort of, um, undress-'em-up? Japan, Japan never changes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The first game also had equipment with stats, dialogue options and multiple branching endings, and from what I've seen the sequel has retained those features. It's more of an RPG than Kingdom Hearts is.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The first game also had equipment with stats, dialogue options and multiple branching endings, and from what I've seen the sequel has retained those features. It's more of an RPG than Kingdom Hearts is.

Yes, you have lots of character personalization (you can also (unlock to) play as a girl, iirc), different equipment and C&C. And you can cross dress.

deuxhero

Arcane
(you can also (unlock to) play as a girl, iirc)

The PS4 version (which PC looks based on) included all the (free) DLC from the PS3/Vita version, so no unlocking needed.

edit: or not. Apparently the PS4 version requires you unlock those models now.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The port is lazy. It supports keyboard and mouse, but all in-game text refers to gamepad controls, which can get confusing.

I only played it a bit yesterday. It's a messed up Japanese game alright, but I didn't really play enough to have an opinion on gameplay.

Dying in the intro by pissing off the guy who kidnapped you was amusing, though.

P.S.
13292.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dying in the intro by pissing off the guy who kidnapped you was amusing, though.

Till the end I believed he'd give in and bribe me with my figurines. Alas.

So far plot seems to be a rough retread of the first PSP game. It's a truly degenerate game, exudes the worst of otaku culture from every pore. I'm impressed at how authentically terrible the characters are. There appear to be branching routes for each of the main heroines, but I haven't reached those yet so it remains to be seen how different the routes are. They were quite varied in the first game, so I'm cautiously optimistic here.

Gameplay-wise, it's not a deep action game, but it is a fair game. Enemy stats are on the same scale as yours, unlike what you'd usually find in JRPG fare. They can dodge, counter, and launch unblockable attacks like you do. They also have access to stripping moves, so you can permanently lose that upgraded hot-pants you spent a million yen upgrading if you're not careful.

Honestly, though, this isn't the sort of game I'd recommend on the basis of its gameplay. Only play it if you're an incorrigible :desu:.

deuxhero

Arcane
Can anyone who bought the port check out the manual (right click the game in steam library) and possibly post some screenshots? The printed version of the PS3 manual was a fun read (it's narrated by the main character with quips like noting how he's not really a typical otaku because he has attractive women throwing themselves at him), but the Vita/Digital version was apparently just a standard manual written in the standard third person form manuals use (despite having the same layout). Want to know which version it takes after (if any).

edit: Nevermind. Noticed you don't need to own a manual to view it as that just opens a browser tab that downloads a PDF (I'll keep this in mind for future snooping). Replacing the appID redirects me to Steam's front page, indicating it doesn't have one.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom