Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Polaris

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just a heads up on a newly released indie.

http://www.turmoilgames.com/

A bit short maybe, but money well spent i say, some puzzles were a bit to easy but i approve of the "type in answer" for puzzle solutions, should maybe been used a bit more.

Graphics are decent, though some very rigid resolution demands, probably so they could have effective anti alias functions.
It was a bit annoying since i had a laptop screen, but i managed in maximied windowmode non the less.
Also liked the dialouge caricature layer and the voice acting that followed with it.

And most important of all....the protagonist is Norwegian :smug:

Also...a scene of tastefull rape :thumbsup:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I actually started this thread almost two months ago, hence the "FUCK YOU FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ME". :M

I read about that one, were seriously considering to buy it, then i forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.

catfood

AGAIN
Wow, this game looks surprisingly good. I need to check it out. Too bad the protagonist looks like a hipster faggot, though.

Suchy

Arcane
Not bad little game, but way too short. I completed it in one evening. The story, while it starts nice, gets pretty disappointing near the end.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Game is alright but puzzles suck. Any game where I know exactly what I need to do but have to spend a couple of minutes figuring out the format in which the game will accept it has serious design problems. Story buildup is great but conclusion is disappointing. Not bad for an indie small-budget production (in fact I'd say really good for that), and graphics/music/VA combine nicely to create a good atmosphere. Doesn't stack very well against something like Grey Matter though.

My only gripe with the story is that too much happens outside the player's control. It's structured very much like a thriller movie, which is not the best way to make a game. It's particularly egregious in the last sequence, when bodies start to drop and I had to stand there screaming YOU MORON! at Rune.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom