Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Anachronox Now on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Anachronox; Ion Storm

The much beloved "western JRPG" Anachronox is now available on GOG.com, the price being $5.99.

http://af.gog.com/en/news/new_release_anachronox/?as=1649904300

A private detective, a superhero, and a museum curator walk into a bar--this isn’t a joke, it’s Anachronox!

Gather a group of unlikely heroes on a quest to discover the who and what and when and why behind a mystery that will destroy the galaxy.

Anachronox is charming, intelligent, witty, fun, and entertaining from the very first minute you start until the final lovingly-crafted moments of the engaging story. The game is not simply an RPG: it combines Japanese-style elements (like fairly linear story, cinematic direction, and turn-based non-random battles) with Western-like side quests, dialogues, and sense of humor, mixing in some puzzles and a story straight from an adventure game for good measure. Yes, the game was known to be kind of buggy at launch, but a pair of official patches and a later pair of fan-made patches have taken care of that and you can play it with virtually no issues. The most important thing is that the story flows like an entertaining novel--light-hearted, bizarre, and humorous, but at the same time the gameplay is addictive and challenging.

Minimum system requirements in 2001 included a Pentium II 266, 64 MB of RAM, and a sense of humor, while today they require $5.99 for Anachronox, available now on GOG.com.​

I... I think I'm in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm in... I've always wanted to play that, but didn't get a chance to secure a working copy.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok...now who do we have to harass to get a kickstart for Anachronox 2? Can be made on the Quake 3(or even 2) engine, I don't mind. It was built on 'obsolete' technology when released and they made it work. Would be cheap as fuck and simple to use those old engines for a sequel.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Got a copy of the game off eBay a long time ago. Don't think I'll purchase, but this is p. cool news.

Anachronox is a stack of fun.

thesoup

Arcane
Ok, who will send a mail to Tom Hall to kickstart Anachronox 2? I wouldn't even mind if it uses the same engine.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
And... there goes my money. Together with Desperados (which I always wanted to play)... and Fargo's W2 stunt... Oh for fuck's sake, how am I going to hide all these $dorrahs$ taken from my account to things like "exploding blood sausage", "the best jRPG western faggotry" and "huge boner for 70's spagetti western" to my girlfriend? All with PC game nerd tag along it? And with my age?
I am done (with her) :smug:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Although my gaming backlog is so long that I will never finish it until the end of my life, I bought this. I never played the game, but i'm pretty interested in it.

Great0ldOne

Educated
Fuck, this year GoG seems to have made it their life's purpose to tempt me to spend money on digital, hassle-free editions of games I already own 2-3 legitimate copies of. Haven't caved in yet, but I dread the next big sales...

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Well what the hell, I went and bought it. I never was that interested in the actual game but I've got a soft spot for detective stories and shit like that so I think I can make a semi-blind purchase for that price.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
9979.png

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom