Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone know what happened to Goldenland?

Deacdo

Liturgist
I think it was done by a Russian developer and Strategy First picked it up for N. America.

Is it essentially dead in the water? Was it ever released in the UK or something?

Um...did it even turn out to be a good game?

thanks

taks

Liturgist
according to a guy named Ghost_Wolf over at the goldenland forum...

Here's the latest from Strategy First: Thanks for your email. Although I am not able to give you a specific date for Goldenland's release, I am told by our Production department that this titles should be releasing sometime in the New Year. It seems the localization process is what is taking some time. Odd, I thought Burut already did the localization; unless this is just some generic response for all their upcoming games. At least they still intend to release it. Back to waiting.

the italicized part, italics added by me, is the quote from SF... of course, if they go under, none of this matter... *sigh*

taks

taks

Liturgist
littleboy said:
isin't stratagy first bankrupt
yeah, but bankruptcy is an oft misconstrued term. chapter 11 only reorganizes debt (the term used is "restructured," actually). chapter 7 is the liquidation "do not pass go, do not collect $200 and if you do, it goes to creditors" type... anyway, the skinny is that if SF filed ch. 11, then they probably won't go out of business...

taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It went down to the city of the future and never came home.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom