Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Aquanox Deep Descent

Peachcurl

Cipher
That seems to be an extension linking the game and the original series. I agree, that this kind of dlc likely isn't worth the money.

Skdursh

Savant
Full ending of the game is locked behind DLC. They are also trying to silence discussion about this issue on the Steam forums by compulsively deleting all posts that reference it. DO NOT BUY. I hope these scummy devs drown in debt.

lightbane

Arcane
hey are also trying to silence discussion about this issue on the Steam forums by compulsively deleting all posts that reference it. DO NOT BUY
Sadly it seems this is starting to become a standard practice in (bad) Steam games. See Bloodlines 2 for another example.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Enjoying the gameplay so far. Pretty obvious that many of the critics will be put off by the mildly complicated controls (especially with keyboard). From the brief glimpse I got so far, it looks like they deviate significantly from the lore of previous games. Not sure where this is going.

Update: I'm starting to have serious doubts about he voice acting.

Next update: I'm still enjoying the actual gameplay. I just love the more constrained, claustrophobic setting that a sub shooter provides, and there's at least some interesting choice for setting up your vehicles configuration.

Then again, I notice these kind of low-effort things in the game, which I just do not comprehend. Like turning in a bounty hunt contract. The 'conversation' goes _exactly_ like this:
Contractor: "...."
Kaelen: "(Collect Reward)"
So yeah, that's it. Not even "Well thank you for taking care of those pirates/marauders/whatever. Here's your reward.".
For explanation: Kaelen is one of your own characters (Who looks and sounds like a bit of a douche to me. I miss 'Dead Eye' Flint so much).

And since I'm already ranting, you can also talk to characters who have been named by backers. A fact that I only know because those characters a) seem completely pointless and b) THE GAME TELLS YOU! ("NPC Named by our Backers.") In pretty large font. You can't miss that bit of information. I mean... what the hell, are they _trying_ to ruin immersion?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I played a bit and the game is pretty fun lol. The combat is interesting,it slower and you could shredded in seconds early on. The enemy AI is pretty dumb.....it is smart,hard to tell. They do hide behind shit when they are on low shield and such. Also they come in decent numbers to be a thread. Thus it is like any other simulator,even if it is the first time i got my ass whooped in the starting area :). There is 6th-directional quick dodge in that opens up the combat,also it is not like the boring space sims where you just tag tale and shit. Here you have to have some environmental knowledge and use it to survive. The worst part is the map tho,it is pretty shit and it needs a bit of getting used to.

Kitchen Utensil

Well, why would he play games he thinks are shit? :p
And which are the garbage ones he's defending?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom