Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum multiplayer

slamelov

Novice
Hi

It seems that Serra closed the Arcanum servers for multiplayer. Is there any way for playing by direct IP?

Regards

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried the servers once, didn't work. I read somewhere on the web that the multiplayer of Arcanum NEVER worked anyways, do I would'nt set my hopes too high. Troika just screwed that part of the game, it seems.

Fez

Erudite
I played it online back when it first came out and it sucked hard. It has some of the worst net code ever.

User was nabbed fit

Your time is best spent in single player.

slamelov

Novice
I have finished the game many times in single player since it was launched, but I wanted to play with a friend in coop mode.

mathboy

Liturgist
I think you could make change the Arcanum module to allow multiplayer, and you'd have a wonderful time walking around the world until you learn teleport.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Fez said:
I played it online back when it first came out and it sucked hard. It has some of the worst net code ever.
I second that.

Besides, the multiplayer campaigns are combat oriented anyway. Combat, as you know, is Arcanum's biggest weakness. Though I suppose a module could be properly balanced by having no firearms and powerful, melee & disintegrate resistant monsters, for instance.

One Wolf

Scholar
yeah ss2 multi is great fun. i actually played a "magic" user (whatever the telekenesis char was called) and it was great fun. also removes the limited ammo problem with multiple combat chars. since modules aren't reduced, you can specialize your party to cover everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom